Moldova - Change Your Name (Deed Poll)
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
To change the name and /or surname you will go over the following steps:
The request on name and/or surname change shall be submitted personal:
- at the Office of Civil Status in whose territorial range you are domiciled;
- if your residency is abroad at the Diplomatic missions or Consular offices of the Republic of Moldova, which will execute the request via postal services;
- in case you live abroad and want your application to be emergency examined in base on attorney by the OCS you can address to Diplomatic missions or Consular offices of the Republic of Moldova, which will authenticate the your signature on the application and will draw up the attorney.
The Office of civil status, the Diplomatic mission (Consular office) examining your request, will draw up the dossier, will draw up the conclusion on name and/or surname changing and will send it to the Civil Status Service to be approved (approval period is for 15 working days, without taking into account the term of postal transmission).
The dossier examination may be executed on persons request in an emergency by the Civil Status Service, in case of personal presentation to the Methodical Department and the dossier examination of the Civil Status Service on the Mihail Kogalniceanu, 58A Street
For an emergency dossier examination should be submitted the following documents:
- Respective dossier sealed (in the envelope) as established;
- Applicants identity card;
- Proof of authorization (in case of representation): attorney, the contract proxy, mandate contract, service ticket that confirms protection authority or other authorized body, etc.
- Payment fee of settled taxes.
Act registration of name and/or surname change:
OCS /diplomatic mission (consular office) receiving the conclusion will invite the applicant to register within 1 month of the name and/or surname changing act and issue to the applicant the certificate of changing.
In case of applicant absence to draw up the respective act within 1 month, the conclusion on name and/or surname change conclusion lapses validity.
If the reason of absence turned out to be based the expired term may be restored. Reinstatement on term to register the act of name and /or surname change will be examined on applicant request by the CSS.
- Request on name and/or surname changing F-22
- Explication on reasons for name and/or surname changing
- Applicants birth certificate
- Birth certificates of minor children
- Marriage certificate
- Divorce certificate
- Identity card or applicant passport
- Two photographs, format 3x4
- Notice, issued by the police in whose territorial range lives the applicant, the confirmation or invalidation the existence of criminal record
- Payment fee of settled taxes.
- Parents, adopters or guardian written accord of the person who hasnt reached the full age (16-18 years)
- Proof of representation, attorney from abroad, contract
- Copy of name and/or surname changing dossier, with the copy of civil status act draw up by the office of civil status after the 1992, placed on the territory of the self-proclaimed transnistrian republic, if the dossier was draw up in accordance with the legislation of the Republic of .
- Other acts if necessary.
Office Locations & Contacts
Civil Status Service
mun. Chi?in?u, str. S. Lazo 11
Department audience and release documents to the Civil Service:
mun. Chi?in?u, str. MK 58 (citizen audience)
Civil status registers Directorate of Civil Status Service:
mun. Chi?in?u, str. 31 August 1982
The following categories of applicants may request the name and /or surname changing:
- Citizens of the Republic of who have reached the age of 16 years;
Note: the name and/or surname changing of a person who has not reached the age is solved with parents, adopters or guardian agreement, except the cases to obtain full exercise by the applicant until achieving the age, in the manner provided by the law.
- Foreign citizens with acts registered at the civil status bodies from the Republic of Moldova.
Are exempt from the tariffs the following persons:
- disabled of I, II and III group;
- participants in the Second World War;
- pensioners of age;
- parents who have 3 and more children;
- orphaned children;
- participants in the liquidation of the consequences of the damage from Cernobyl;
- citizens of the Republic of that participated in armed conflicts for the Republic of interest - 50 % of the total cost of service.
- to citizens who repeat the requesting to be issued death certificate on behalf of repressed relatives and subsequently rehabilitated or to be substituted those issued previously.
- In accordance with Annex no. 3 at Classification and charges for services rendered by the Civil Status Service and offices of civil status (approved by Government Decision no. 738 of 20.06.2008 and published in the Official Gazette no. 112-114 of 27.06.2008).
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Please explain processing time taken in obtaining the document/certificate.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Name and/or surname could be changed in the following reasons:
- Difficult pronunciation, if those consist of indecent expressions, lack of euphony, ridiculous, and if they have been transformed (corrupted) by translation;
- Desire to have the name and/or surname corresponding to applicant nationality;
- Requesting a simple name instead of a double name;
- Persons desire to have husbands name or to add her/his or husbands name, in case if they do it in marriage;
- Desire to return to the name until the marriage if they didnt do it in divorce;
- Desire to have stepfathers or stepmothers name or another person involved in the education of the applicant;
- Cases based on name change are recognized those when the applicant has a different name from that which is registered in the birth act;
- Other reasons if they will be well founded, which will be described in detail in the conclusion of the Office of civil Status.
It is not permitted to change the name and/or surname in the following cases:
- Applicant has chosen a name and/or surname that is difficult or ridiculous pronounced;
- Applicant shall be prosecuted or has a criminal record and is not rehabilitated;
- In result of name and/or surname change it will be composed of three names;
- Applicant is a married person and the surname, which is asking to be changed, has the husband who refuses to request of surname changing;
- Requesting name and /or surname transliterarea with Latin characters based on orthographical rules of a foreign language or using signs or accents.
- Name and surname
- New Name and surname
- Identification number (IDNP)
- Date and place of birth
- Marital status
- Subject to military service
- Information about minors
- Criminal record, indicating the crimes committed and period of sentencing
- Earlier changes name and / or surname
- Date and body that has changed
- The reason for the name change and / or surname
- Places where you lived and respective periods
Need for the Document
Name and surname constitutes attributes that identify the concrete person in society and mandatory are inscribed into the civil status act, as well as in other official acts in accordance with the national legislation.
Name and/or surname may be changed in an administration way, by adopting the conclusion of the civil status office, which is approved by the Civil Status Service.
Information which might help
Reasons that are not considered legal basis to change the name and/or surname:
- Transition to ascending relatives name from that intend to inherit property;
- Name and/or surname change from reasons related to the astrological interpretation;
- Identification the intention to change the name and/surname for misure related to the visa violation, evade of maintenance or debts payments etc.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
You may want to change your name because:
- You have just gotten married
- You have divorced
- You just want a change
- In case of adoption