Martinique - Register to Vote
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Go to this Website to register online.
- Follow the instructions.
- Provide identification and the digitized version of the supporting documents to be provided.
- In Person
- Go to the town hall electoral rolls of your residence.
- Fill out the application for voter registration form. You can download the form here.
- Provide documents listed below.
- By Mail
- Send the following documents to your town hall:
- Form cerfa No. 12669 * 01 of application for registration
- Photocopy of a recent identity document proving your French nationality: passport or national identity card (recto verso)
- If you have recently become French and you do not yet have French papers: original ID Recent ) (passport or identity card) and proof of nationality (eg naturalization decree)
- Photocopy of proof of address
- To find out your nearest town hall, click here.
- Recent identity document proving your French nationality: passport or national identity card
- If you have become French recently and do not yet have French papers: original ID (passport or identity card) recent and a proof of the nationality (decree of naturalization for example)
- Proof of address
- Form cerfa No. 12669 * 01 of application for registration (available in town hall)
Office Locations & Contacts
Following link provides list of town halls : List of Town halls
- Martinique citizens who are:
- French nationals
- a resident
- at least 18 years old on the day before the first ballot.
It is for free.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Please explain processing time taken in obtaining the document/certificate.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
- Voters are normally registered on the electoral rolls of their municipality of residence.
- In some cases it is necessary to register or to re-register on the electoral rolls. This concerns:
- The moves involving modification of the polling station.
- Young people not enumerated.
- French nationals wishing to vote in France.
- Simplifying the procedures, online registration is offered to users in municipalities that have adopted the system.
- Registration can also be done in town hall or by mail.
- Except for a few special cases , in order to vote, you must register before the end of the year preceding the election.
- You can enroll at any time of year but you can not vote until 1st March of the following year (after the annual revision of electoral rolls).
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
Voter registration is not only a civic duty, but also a legal obligation under Article L. 9 of the Electoral Code. It is essential to be able to vote.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.