Martinique - Change Your Name (Deed Poll)
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
First you must make your request public before making a formal request.
You must publish, at your expense, the name change:
- the Official Journal (OJ). This publication is mandatory, regardless of your location. It should submit the application to the Office of Special Advertising - Department SPJO).
- and in a designated newspaper for legal notices in the district in which you reside. You can access a list of organizations that can give publicity consultant page 12 of the instructions on the name change. If you live abroad, this publication is not required.
These publications must include:
- your current marital status and if this is the case, your minor children concerned by the application (full name, date and place of birth)
- your address,
- the name you want to wear.
After publication of your application, you can make your request. The name change request record is for the minister of justice, or prosecutor concerned (the home).
- a copy of each of the newspapers in which the ad or legal notices have been published,
- a full copy of the birth certificate of each major subject or minor,
- a copy of a document proving French nationality
- staff written consent for minors over 13 years,
- Bulletin No. 3 of the Criminal Record for adults,
- a personal request on plain paper addressed to the Minister of Justice (it must be signed and include the reasons for the abandonment of the original name and the reasons for choosing the requested name, any document establishing the validity of the application must be attached to support it)
- the consent of the other parent in cases of joint exercise of parental authority or, failing that, and in other cases, the authorization of the guardianship judge.
- A copy of each of the newspapers in which the ad or legal notices have been published,
- A full copy of the birth certificate of each major subject or minor,
- A copy of a document proving French nationality
- Staff written consent for minors over 13 years,
- Bulletin No. 3 of the Criminal Record for adults,
- A personal request on plain paper addressed to the Minister of Justice (it must be signed and include the reasons for the abandonment of the original name and the reasons for choosing the requested name, any document establishing the validity of the application must be attached to support it)
- The consent of the other parent in cases of joint exercise of parental authority or, failing that, and in other cases, the authorization of the guardianship judge.
Office Locations & Contacts
Any person may request a change of name when it has a legitimate interest: ridiculous name, foreign-sounding name.
Any major French can be requested.
If your application is to bear the name of your spouse, it is likely to be rejected.
If you have submitted your name to your children, they will also change the name if they are minors. If they have more than 13 years, their personal consent is required.
- The fixed cost of publication of the advertisement in the Official Journal is 100 for one person.
- The costs of publication of the advertisement in a local newspaper depends on a number of criteria whose place of residence, age, number of person (s) per family request (s) the change of name.
- The rights of publication in the Official Gazette and in a local newspaper are your responsibility of the applicant.
- Other representations to the Minister of Justice or Attorney are free.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Please explain processing time taken in obtaining the document/certificate.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
You can make your request to change:
- a difficult name to bear because of his ridiculous or pejorative consonance,
- a foreign-sounding name,
- or vividly illustrated name nationally, if you wear the name of a famous person with a bad reputation.
You can also ask to have a different name if you want:
- prevent the extinction of a surname and in use for a long time in your family,
- devote constant and continuous use of a name, if you use a different name for a long time and which identifies you publicly,
- or if your siblings have different names and you want all have the same name.
- Your name as listed on birth certificate or immigration or citizenship documents.
- The full name you are applying to change to
- Date and place of birth
- Marital status and details
- Places of residence for last three months
- Address for Correspondence
Need for the Document
If you are using, or wish to use, a name other than your registered name, there is no legal requirement that you formally change your name. It is, however, recommended that you change your name officially, both for identification and as evidence of your name change.
Name change generally refers to the legal act by a person of adopting a name different from their name at birth, marriage or adoption. The procedures and ease of a name change vary between jurisdictions.
Information which might help
Your case is handled by the Service Seal of the Department of Justice can ask the prosecutor to conduct an investigation.
If your application is accepted
A decree signed by the Prime Minister and the Minister of Justice, bearing the name change, is published in the Official Journal.
A duplicate (copy) of the Order is sent by registered mail with return receipt requested, or by diplomatic or consular channels if you live abroad.
Namely: your civil status acts are then ground with your new name.
If your application is refused
If your request is denied, the denial must be justified. It shall be notified by registered letter with acknowledgment of receipt or through diplomatic or consular channels if you live abroad.
An administrative appeal can be addressed to the Minister of Justice who will be reconsidered only because of new elements (in fact or in law).
The rejection decision may be appealed to the Paris Administrative Court by way of an appeal for abuse of power, within 2 months of its notification.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
You may want to change your name because:
- You have just gotten married
- You have divorced
- You just want a change
- In case of adoption
Name change application for a minor
You can ask to change the name of your minor children without changing yours. For example, to name it bears his half-brothers and half-sisters.
This request must be made with the consent of the other parent exercising parental authority .
If you disagree with the other parent, you must obtain, prior to the filing of your case, the authorization of minors guardianship judge.
You must also obtain permission from the judge if you have sole custody.