Macau - Renew Resident Identity Card
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Applicants will need to submit their application for renewal in person at the DSI office.
- Complete an application for renewal.
- Submit the completed form together with your expired or expiring resident identity card.
- All applicants may choose to submit one 1.5” recent color photograph with a white background (equivalent to the photograph standard for Macao SAR travel document application) or use the photograph taken on-site without charge as the card photo;
External Services : If applicants are not able to come to DSI in person, they or their relatives can request for “external service” at the Enquiry Counter on 1st floor of China Plaza or write to the Director of this Bureau with supporting reasons. An additional fee of MOP120.00 will be charged for the “external service”
- For applicants under the age of 18, they are required to submit the photocopies of both parents' identification documents and accompanied by one of the parents who will sign the application form for the applicants;
- If married, applicants have to submit the original and photocopy of marriage certificate and a photocopy of the spouse's identification document; besides, a valid household registration transcript is required if applicants or their spouses are originally from Japan, France or Taiwan Region.
- If divorced, applicants have to submit the original and photocopy of their proof of divorce;
- If widowed, applicants have to submit the marriage certificate and the spouse’s death certificate;
- Applicants may be informed by this Bureau to submit supplementary documents for identity verification.
Office Locations & Contacts
Identification Services Bureau
Department of Residents Identification
Avenida da Praia Grande,
No. 804, Edf. China Plaza,
1 Andar, Macau
Mailing Address: Macau P.O. Box 1089
Hotline: (853)28370777 / (853)28370888
Email: [email protected]
Monday to Friday 9:00 am to 6:00 pm
(Closed on Saturday, Sunday and Legal Holidays)
Applicants who are not subject to residence authorization can apply for the renewal of the resident identity card, 6 months prior the expiration date.
For applicants holding a BIR with permanent validity, they can replace their BIR 30 days prior to or after the date of expiry of the Digital Certificate of their resident identity card.
- Renewal of Macao SAR Resident Identity Card: MOP90.00
- Express Service: An additional charge of MOP 150.00.
- Special Express Service: An additional charge of MOP 250.00 and supporting documents (e.g. flight ticket and so on) should be presented for this application.
- If an applicant is unable to submit the original BIR no matter at the time of application or collection, additional charges will be imposed as follows:
- 1st time - MOP 300.00
- 2nd time - MOP 300.00
- 3rd time – MOP 500.00
- 4th time – MOP 1,000.00
- 5th time or above - MOP 2,000.00
- Replacement of former Macao SAR Resident Identity Card is MOP60.00. For applicants who are replacing their former Macao SAR Resident Identity Card with the Macao SAR Resident Identity Card, if they cannot submit the former BIR, a surcharge of MOP300.00 will be imposed.
Applicants who lack of financial capability due to following conditions can apply for exemption of application fees.
Conditions of Fee Exemptions:
- Applicants have to write and sign a declaration to declare their unemployment status and they acknowledge that they will commit criminal offences for making false declaration.
- Submit the Employment Registration issued by the Labour Affairs Bureau (DSAL).
- The applicant has to write and sign a letter to request for fee exemption;
- Submit the original and a photocopy of a valid Beneficiary Card issued by the Social Welfare Bureau (IAS).
- Applicants have to write and sign a declaration to declare their financial incapability;
- Submit the original and a photocopy of a valid Disability Assessment Registration Card issued by the Social Welfare Bureau (IAS).
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
- Standard Service: 15 working days from the day after application.
- Express Service: 10 working days from the day after application.
- Special Express Service: Within 3 working days from the day after application (supporting documents should be presented, e.g. flight ticket)..
Note: Processing times are just estimates.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
Please provide other instructions related to the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
Please provide the need for the procedure. e.g. Birth Certificate - why do we need to have a birth certificate?
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.