Macau - Register Marriage
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Before the marriage application, one of the spouses will need to go to the Conservatory with photocopies of the identification documents of both, to obtain information about the necessary documents.
- When the applicants would like to celebrate the marriage before a minister of worship with functional competence for the act, a marriage certificate is passed by the Conservatoire.
- Once all the necessary documents have been submitted, the date is registered with the conservatory for the processing of formalities. The examination of the application shall be made within five days of the working day following the receipt of the request with all the necessary documents (Except for requests for marriages concluded according to Chinese customs and customs).
- Request to register a marriage can be made by both the spouses or by one of the spouses and the attorney of the other in the Civil Registry, which must be accompanied by all of the required documents (see list below).
If you are outside Macau
You may use the contact information provided under 'Office Locations & Contacts' section to get in touch with Macau's consular service office, to inquire about the procedure on how you can register your marriage in Macau.
- Original and photocopy of the identity document of the spouses (if one of the spouses is a foreigner, must present the legal document for entry in Macao, such as original and photocopy of the passport and authorization title of entry);
- Birth certificate of both spouses (if you can not present, after authorization from the Conservatoire, you can present two witnesses to confirm your identity):
- Those who are natural of Macao, and who have their birth registration filed in this Conservatory, are exempt the presentation of the respective certificate;
- Birth certificate of the People's Republic of China, for the natural of the same;
- Birth certificate issued by the authorities of the respective country or territory of their naturalness, for foreigners;
- Other documents:
- (a) Persons who are not ordinarily resident in Macao must present proof of the civil status issued by the authorities of the country in which they are habitually resident (issuance of no more than 6 months) and submit two witnesses for confirmation;
- b) The presentation of the single certificate, issued by the appropriate authorities, to the Macao SAR holders stating their marital status as a single person is also exempt. They also confirm that they are holders of a passport or identity document from another country, regardless of the date of residence in Macao;
- c) If the spouse is widowed or divorced, he / she must deliver documents proving the dissolution of the previous marriage, if the fact is drafted in this Conservatory is dispensed with the delivery of the respective document.
- If the spouses have concluded a prenuptial agreement, it must be delivered at the Conservatory until the celebration of the marriage or be declared at the Conservatory when the marriage process is opened (in the absence of a prenuptial agreement, the marriage is considered to have been concluded under the regime of the shares acquired).
Office Locations & Contacts
Directorate for Justice Services
Rua do Campo, No. 162,
Public Administration Building, 15th - 20th floor, Macau.
Email: [email protected]
Alameda Dr. Carlos D'Assumpção, n.º 398,
Edf. CNAC, 6th and 21st floor, Macau.
Civil Registry Office
Rua do Campo, No. 162,
Public Administration Building, 1st and 2nd floor, Macau.
Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the People's Republic of China in Macao Special Administrative Region
No. 992, Avenida do Dr. Rodrigo Rodrigues,
Macao SAR, PRC
- One of the spouses must be a resident of Macao.
Note: Minors over 16 years old and under 18 must obtain authorization from the holders of parental authority or guardian or their judicial supply. for the accomplishment of the marriage.
- For the organization of the marriage process: MOP 150.00, plus the stamp duty (varies according to the number of sheets in the process);
- By the wedding seat: MOP 150.00;
- By marriage agreement (if the declaration is made at the Conservatoire): MOP 250.00.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
The examination of the application shall be made within five days of the working day following the receipt of the request with all the necessary documents (Except for requests for marriages concluded according to Chinese customs and customs).
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
Please provide other instructions related to the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
Please provide the need for the procedure. e.g. Birth Certificate - why do we need to have a birth certificate?
Information which might help
There are currently two venues for the celebration of weddings, one on the Macau peninsula and another on Taipa Island. After receiving the authorization for the wedding, applicants can choose online or during office hours to call the number 28550110, for the choice of the wedding room:
- The Macao Wedding Hall - Installed at the Civil Registry Office located on the 2nd floor of the Public Administration Building. Opening hours: 2nd, 4th and 6th, from 10h45 to 13h00.
- The Wedding Hall of Taipa - Installed in Largo do Carmo. Opening hours: 3rd and 5th, at 11:00. Visiting hours: Every day from 09:00 to 18:00 (except on the following days: January 1, the first three days of Lunar New Year, Day of the Dead (Cheng Ming), May 1, Day after of the Lunar Cake (Chong Chao), October 1, Worship of the Ancestors (Chong Yeong) and December 20).
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.