Macau - Apply for a Permit to Visit Hong Kong
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Application to obtain a permit to visit Hong Kong must be submitted in person at the Identification Services Bureau. Visit Permit to HKSAR is issued as an individual document, the applicant's spouse and children should apply for their own Visit Permits;
- Fill up an application form.
- Submit a completed application along with all the required documents (see list below).
- Pay the application fee.
- You may collect your permit after 5 working days following day after the bureau has received the application and all necessary documents.
- The original of Macao SAR Permanent Resident Identity Card, or Macao SAR Non-Permanent Resident Identity Card (The original will be returned upon verification);
- Photograph which meets specific requirements; one recent, color, bareheaded and full-faced photograph in plain white background in 1.5 inches;
- The original of Visit Permit to HKSAR, in case of renewal;
- The official report-lost slip (if the applicant cannot submit the original of Visit Permit to HKSAR);
- For applicants aged under 18, the originals and photocopies of the identification documents of both parents or legal guardian must be produced. Both the parents or legal guardian should sign in the application form:
- If the parents of the applicant are unmarried, separated with separate property, divorced or one of his/her parents is unable to sign the application form due to certain reasons (e.g. missing), another parent must provide the documentary proof of his/her parental right in order to make the application for the underage child.
- If one of the parents is unable to apply for the Visit Permit for his/her child in person, he/she can:
A. duly complete and sign the application form which is available at the Identification Services Bureau prior to the application. After that, another parent can lodge the application at this Bureau in person with his/her child; or
B. duly complete the “Authorization for Travel Document Application” to authorize another parent to lodge the application at this Bureau in person with their child.
- Recent, colour, bare-headed and full-faced photograph.
- Dimensions of the photograph must be 45mm high by 35mm wide (1.5 inches). Photograph must be taken in plain white background without margin.
- The photograph must be clear and well defined. No effect lenses are allowed.
- The image in the photograph must not be altered to change the natural appearance of the applicant, such as moles or scar and so on.
- The photograph must be full-faced and show the facial features of the applicant clearly.
- Head coverings are not allowed and heavy make-up, camisoles or tube-tops should be avoided when taking photograph.
- To show full face, exaggerated accessories should be avoided when taking photograph.
Following photographs will be rejected:
- Eyes or facial features are covered by the frame of glasses (applicant should avoid wear thick and heavy black or white frames)
- There is hair across eyes or eyebrows
- Wearing colored contact lenses or contact lenses with iris enlarging effect (commonly known as “Big eye contact lenses”)
- There is reflection or glare on the face or glasses
- There is shadow
- The photograph has been used for application 2 years back
Office Locations & Contacts
Macau SAR Identification Department
Avenida da Praia Grande,
nº804, Edificio “China Plaza”,
1º andar, Macau
Monday to Friday, 09:00 – 18:00
(Closed on Saturday, Sunday and government holidays)
Enquiry and Appointment Hotline: (853) 2837 03777/ (853) 2837 0888
Fax: (853) 2837 4300
Email: [email protected]
Applicants who can satisfy ALL of the following conditions are eligible to apply for the Visit Permit for Residents of Macao SAR to Hong Kong SAR (Visit Permit to HKSAR):
- Macao SAR Resident (limited to Chinese or Portuguese citizen);
- Holders of Macao SAR Permanent Resident Identity Card or Macao SAR Non-Permanent Resident Identity Card.
Visit Permit to HKSAR: MOP 100.00
Applicants who lacks in financial capability due to the following conditions can apply for exemption of application fees: Conditions of Fee Exemptions:
- Applicants have to write and sign a declaration to declare their unemployment status and they acknowledge that they will commit criminal offences for making false declaration.
- Submit the Employment Registration issued by the Labour Affairs Bureau (DSAL).
- The applicant has to write and sign a letter to request for fee exemption;
- Submit the original and a photocopy of a valid Beneficiary Card issued by the Social Welfare Bureau (IAS).
- Applicants have to write and sign a declaration to declare their financial incapability;
- Submit the original and a photocopy of a valid Disability Assessment Registration Card issued by the Social Welfare Bureau (IAS).
Note: Additional supporting documents may be required for applicant’s financial incapability verification of DSI, if necessary.
A “Visit Permit to HKSAR” is valid for a period not more than 7 years and the holder has to apply for a new permit after its expiry. The holder can pay multiple visits to the Hong Kong SAR with a valid “Visit Permit to HKSAR”.
Period of stay:
- Macao SAR Permanent Residents possessing a "Visit Permit for Residents of Macao SAR to the HKSAR" can enter the HKSAR as visitors and stay for a maximum period of 180 days if the immigration requirements are duly fulfilled.
- Macao SAR Non-Permanent Residents possessing a "Visit Permit for Residents of Macao SAR to the HKSAR" can enter the HKSAR as visitors and stay for a maximum period of 30 days if the immigration requirements are duly fulfilled.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
You may collect your permit after 5 working days following day after the bureau has received the application and all necessary documents.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
- Application must be submitted in person at the Identification Services Bureau
- Visit Permit to HKSAR is issued as an individual document, the applicant's spouse and children should apply for their own Visit Permits;
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
Please provide the need for the procedure. e.g. Birth Certificate - why do we need to have a birth certificate?
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.