Macau - Apply for Macao SAR Travel Permit
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
Application in Person
- For applicants staying in Macau, you should apply in person at the Identification Department (DSI).
- Fill up an application for a Macao SAR Travel Permit.
- Submit a completed application along with all the required documents.
- Pay the application fee.
- Your passport will be ready within 10 working days. Urgent Service, 2 working days.
Application by Post
- For applicants in other countries or regions (Mainland China and Hong Kong are not included) you may lodge your application by post.
- Access the Postal Application Service system of DSI to obtain an application number.
- Print out an application slip.
- Send the “Part 2” of the application slip and the required documents to DSI via mail. (Mailing address: Macau Postal Box No. 1089/ Avenida da Praia No. 804, Edificio China Plaza, 20 andar, Macau).
- After receiving the required documents, DSI will update the application progress in the “Postal Application Service” system. Applicants should check their application status in the system from time to time.
- When the application status changes to “Please pay for the application”,pay the fee to complete your application. You can settle the payment through these following methods:
- Pay online: by credit card in the “Postal Application Service” system.
- Payment made by an authorized person: An applicant can authorize a person in Macao to pay the fee at DSI in person on his/her behalf by stating it clearly in the application letter.
- In case of having made a payment to the Macao Special Administrative Region Government mistakenly due to system failure or other special conditions, the person concerned should contact the Identification Services Bureau (DSI) immediately. DSI will return the relevant amount to the person concerned.
- If the applicant wants to cancel the application and have the refund of the application fee after completing the transaction online, he/she has to make a written request to DSI for the refund.
- Original Macao SAR Resident Identity Card (will be returned to the applicant after verified);
- Photograph which meets specific requirements; one recent, color, bareheaded and full-faced photograph in plain white background in 1.5 inches; (Photograph specifications);
- The former Macao SAR (Electronic) Travel Permit, in case of renewal;
- An official police lost-report slip - for applicants who cannot submit the former Macao (Electronic) SAR Travel Permit;
- Photocopies of both parents' / the legal guardian's identification documents and both parents / the legal guardian should sign the application form - for applicants under the age of 18,
- In addition, Electronic Travel Permit is issued as an individual Travel Permit, the applicant's spouse and children should apply for their own Travel Permits.
Application by Post:
- A duly completed application form. Applicants can download the application form from the “Postal Application Service” system of DSI or request DSI to send the application form by post or obtain the application form by a representative in Macao.
- Photocopy of Macao SAR Permanent Resident Identity Card;
- Photograph which meets specific requirements: one recent color 1.5-inched, bareheaded and full-faced photograph in plain white background recent (see photograph specifications);
- Supporting documents which prove that the applicant cannot lodge the application in person, such as proof of schooling or employment and so on;
- For applicants over the age of 5, a clear set of ten fingerprint impression should be submitted (see Fingerprint Form);
- Macao SAR Travel Permit (if any);
- In case of renewal application, applicants have to submit the former Macao SAR Passport;
- Loss report is required if the applicant cannot provide the former Macao SAR Travel Permit or the former Macao SAR Passport;
- If the applicant is under the age of 18, the photocopies of both parents' identification documents are required. In addition, both parents should sign the application form.
- Recent, colour, bare-headed and full-faced photograph.
- Dimensions of the photograph must be 45mm high by 35mm wide (1.5 inches). Photograph must be taken in plain white background without margin.
- The photograph must be clear and well defined. No effect lenses are allowed.
- The image in the photograph must not be altered to change the natural appearance of the applicant, such as moles or scar and so on.
- The photograph must be full-faced and show the facial features of the applicant clearly.
- Head coverings are not allowed and heavy make-up, camisoles or tube-tops should be avoided when taking photograph.
- To show full face, exaggerated accessories should be avoided when taking photograph.
Following photographs will be rejected：
- Eyes or facial features are covered by the frame of glasses (applicant should avoid wear thick and heavy black or white frames)
- There is hair across eyes or eyebrows
- Wearing colored contact lenses or contact lenses with iris enlarging effect (commonly known as “Big eye contact lenses”)
- There is reflection or glare on the face or glasses
- There is shadow
- The photograph has been used for application 2 years back
Office Locations & Contacts
Identification Services Bureau
Department of Residents Identification
Avenida da Praia Grande,
No. 804, Edf. China Plaza,
1 Andar, Macau
Mailing Address: Macau P.O. Box 1089
Hotline: (853)28370777 / (853)28370888
Email: [email protected]
Monday to Friday 9:00 am to 6:00 pm
(Closed on Saturday, Sunday and Legal Holidays)
Individuals who satisfy all of the following conditions may apply for a Macao SAR Electronic Travel Permit:
- Non-Permanent Resident of Macao SAR with Chinese nationality;
- Holding Macao SAR Non-Permanent Resident Identity Card;
- Not eligible for other travel documents.
- Normal: MOP 250.00
- Urgent: an additional fee of MOP 150.00 will be charged
- If applicants cannot submit the former (electronic) travel document because it is lost, damaged, defaced or is not available, they should pay extra charges as below:
- First time: an additional fee of MOP 150.00;
- Second time: an additional fee of MOP 300.00;
- Third time: an additional fee of MOP 600.00;
- Fourth time: an additional fee of MOP 1,200.00;
- Fifth time or above: an additional fee of MOP 2,400.00.
Applicants who lacks in financial capability due to the following conditions can apply for exemption of application fees: Conditions of Fee Exemptions:
- Applicants have to write and sign a declaration to declare their unemployment status and they acknowledge that they will commit criminal offences for making false declaration.
- Submit the Employment Registration issued by the Labour Affairs Bureau (DSAL).
- The applicant has to write and sign a letter to request for fee exemption;
- Submit the original and a photocopy of a valid Beneficiary Card issued by the Social Welfare Bureau (IAS).
- Applicants have to write and sign a declaration to declare their financial incapability;
- Submit the original and a photocopy of a valid Disability Assessment Registration Card issued by the Social Welfare Bureau (IAS).
Note: Additional supporting documents may be required for applicant’s financial incapability verification of DSI, if necessary.
Application By Post: Application fee + Postage+ Surcharge (if applicable)
- Application fee
- Normal application: MOP250.00.
- Urgent application: an additional fee of MOP150.00.
- Normal: an additional charge of MOP40.00 (air registered mail)
- Express: According to the postage charged by the express courier company (the amount may vary depending to the destinations and weight of the documents).
- The applicant has to make a request in writing if he/she chooses express delivery mailing for the document. DSI will mail the document to the applicant with Macao Post EMS.
- Surcharge (if applicable)
- Following additional charges will be imposed if the applicant fails to provide the former passport at the time of application or if the applicant is replacing the passport due to damage or defacement of the document:
- The first time: an additional fee of MOP 150.00;
- The second time: an additional fee of MOP 300.00;
- The third time: an additional fee of MOP 600.00;
- The fourth time: an additional fee of MOP 1,200.00;
- The fifth time or above: an additional fee of MOP 2,400.00.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
- Normal: 10 working days.
- Urgent: 2 working days.
- The above expected collection date is counted from the following day after submission of all necessary documents to DSI. Under special circumstances, the expected collection date would be adjusted.
- In case of damaged, stolen or lost the former Macao SAR (Electronic) Travel Permit or Macao SAR (Electronic) Passport, the re-issuance time of the new Passport is 60 days at maximum. Urgent application is not accepted under normal circumstances except written request and supporting documents are submitted. The approval result will be informed within 2 working days.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
Please provide other instructions related to the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
Please provide the need for the procedure. e.g. Birth Certificate - why do we need to have a birth certificate?
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.