Liechtenstein - Register Adoption
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- In accordance with the provisions of the AussStrG, the Frstliche Landgericht is responsible for the implementation of the adoption procedure.
- Adoption is registered at the civil registry office. To know more information, contact your local registry office.
- Adoption carried out abroad: To registered adoptions carried out abroad, the Liechtenstein Civil Service Office needs an original copy of the Adoption Decree with translation (from a recognized translation office) for the approval by the Liechtenstein Government Chancellery.
A link to Liechtenstein diplomatic representations abroad is provided below.
- Original copy of the Adoption Decree, for adoptions carried out abroad, it must be translated.
Office Locations & Contacts
St. Florinsgasse 3
St. Florinsgasse 3
+423 236 69 26
+423 236 69 29
Provide eligibility criteria's for going through this procedure.
Explain the fees structure which is required for obtaining the certificate/document.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Please explain processing time taken in obtaining the document/certificate.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Please provide instructions on obtaining the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
This procedure provides you information on how adoption is registered in Liechtenstein.
Information which might help
- Adoptive children of Liechtenstein parents acquire Liechtenstein citizenship, provided that the child has not yet reached the age of 10 at the time of acceptance.
- If the biological child of one of the spouses is accepted by the other spouse, it acquires the citizenship of the country as long as it is not yet mature at the time of acceptance.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.