Libya - Obtain a Voters Card
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- For you to participate as a voter in Libya you must present yourself with a national identity card or a Libyan passport to the registrar officer
- The officer will then verify the information that you are going to give, upon verification by the registrar officer in charge, he/ she will then enter your name in the high national election book
- You will then told when to come back and pick you voter card.
National identity card or Libyan passport
Office Locations & Contacts
Any Libyan 18 years and above is eligible to register and participate in the national election exercise.
Voter registration is free of charge
Registration is usually valid for 30 days
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
The processing time to register is one (1) day.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
- Only the high national elections commission has the mandate to register voter and conduct election in Libya
- You can only take part in election in Libya if you are a registered voter
- You can register as a voter at any district in Libya
- It is your responsibility of you as a voter to cross check the register and inform the registrar officer of any corrections you wish on your particulars
- Once you have registered as a voter you have to participate in the General election for presidential ,parliamentary and local authorities
- Full name
- Marital status
- Date of birth
- Place of birth
- National identity card of Libyan passport
- Finger prints
- Identification numbers
Need for the Document
You can only take part in an election in Libya if you are a registered voter. It is your right and obligation as a responsible citizen to elect your leaders and only registered persons are allowed by law to take part in elections in Libya.
Information which might help
Registration or application forms are available in two (2) languages, and therefore you are advised to fill the form in the language you understand best in order to avoid errors
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- For identification purposes as a Libyan citizen
- For access to financial institutions and various organization in Libya
More information which might help people.