Libya - Obtain National Identification Card
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Pick the enrollment form at your parish and fill it,
- Return the form at the parish to the citizenship verification committee at the Civil Registries and your bio data information is electronically recorded and finger prints captured,
- After enrollment, the data is taken for processing,
- Then you are required to return at specific dates to pick your National ID.
- Birth certificates,
- Religious certificates,
- School leaving certificates,
- Child health card, Notification of birth,
- Letter of administrative officer,
- Parish/Sub county chief,
- Statutory Declarations, Local Authority letter.
- 18 years of age.
- Possess a valid photo ID (ID card, driver's license, or passport)
- Completed fingerprint and background check
- Father or mother's name must be clear.
Office Locations & Contacts
Where a person turns 18 years, he / she should within ninety 90 days of turning eighteen years apply for a National Identity Card.
It given out for free of Charge to all citizen of Libya.
This document is valid for a period of 10 years.
Documents to Use
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Process in less than 1 hour.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
- For one to obtain a National ID, through the Ministry of Internal Affairs,
- The National Security Information System (NSIS) team is doing the registration process,
- One must be a citizen of Libya for more than 1 year.
- Full names
- thumb print,
- date of birth,
- address of residence,
- passport information,
- phone number, tribe &
- clan, details of spouses and children,
- Marriage status, citizenship,
- place of origin.
Need for the Document
The Libyan National Identification Card is the primary and only source of official credible identification documentation that may work towards verifying who is who in Libya.Once a person is proofed, a biometric feature such as a finger print or iris scan may be captured for Effective authenticating.
The Libyan National Identity Number Department manages identity number projects and identity card projects. Who the Libyan's are, how they identify ourselves, whether other people are permitted to masquerade and pretend to be them all are solved by the National identification Card. The national identification card is used to obtain a driver's license in libya.
Information which might help
- The transactions and various processes we encounter everyday necessitate the need for the presentation of valid documents, which includes identification or identity cards.
- This document can be used not only in cashing a cheque at a local bank but also purchasing bus or airplane ticket and even when you are applying for a job in Libya.
- The document have proved a good way in fighting criminality and fraudulent practices.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- The same can be used as medical identity
- This document is used to obtain a driver's license.
- The same document not only deter terrorism but also reduce identity theft,
More information which might help people.