Libya - Apply for a Tourist Visa
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Review instructions based on the purpose of journey to Libya
- Complete, print and sign all visa application forms, including Travisa's Global Service Order Form
- Send all of the visa application requirements listed below to Travisa.
Libya Visa Applications can be processed in the next 14 days.
Step 1: send them the required documents via email (see requirements, below). The scanned passport bio page can be attached to your email as a "jpg" or a "pdf" file.
Step 2: They will use these documents to apply for the "Visa Approval" from the immigration department. This usually takes 48 hours, but in some cases the process may take up to ten days to complete. This approval is also known as "visa reference number" or "visa authorisation number".
Step 3: Finally, we will use the visa approval to obtain the actual visa stamp on arrival, or they can send you a copy to take to the Libyan embassy if you intend to secure the visa stamp before departing your country. Please note that if you go for this option the embassy staff will ask you to complete an application form and provide photos (see below for more details). No application form is required for visa on arrival.
Important note: please note that most airliners need to see a copy of the visa approval (or the visa stamp) before they let you board the plane. They will send you a copy of the visa approval if you will be coming by plane. Visitors arriving via land borders do not require to have a copy of the approval in advance, as the operator's agent will be present on arrival to complete the entry formalities for you.
- Original, signed passport.
- Libyan Visa Application Form:
- Two signed Libya visa application forms plus one copy.
- Photo Requirements:
- Two recent 2 x 2 passport type photographs in color, front view and with a plain/white background.
- OR - you can upload a passport photo to the Global Service Order Form when you place your order, instead of providing physical passport photos.
- Always use a recommend professional photographer to avoid delays.
- Official Invitation from Libya:
- Approval from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Libya or system number referencing approval notification sent to the Libyan Embassy in original country of residence.
Office Locations & Contacts
Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Abdurrahman Shalgam / Secretary
Tel: +218 (21) 340 0461
Fax. +218 (21) 340 2921
Website : http://www.foreign.gov.ly
An individual with Original, signed passport valid for 6 months and beyond.
- Single entry 30days $155.00
- Single entry 90days $205.00
- Multiple entry 180 days $355.00
Visas are generally issued for single or multiple entries with a stay of up to 45, 90 or 180 days, depending on the approval from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Libya and the discretion of the consulate.
Documents to Use
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Libya visas are usually processed in 5 business days. Rush or Emergency visa service may be available for additional fees. Please visit you can visit Libya Consular Fees and Visa Processing Options link for details.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Please provide instructions on obtaining the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
Tourist visa to Libya is now available to foreign visitors wishing to visit Libya.
All travelers will need a valid passport for their travels to Libya. Also, the passport must contain un-used visa pages for the visa to be issued. Libyan Government recommend that an individual traveling to Libya should have at least 6 months of remaining validity on your passport at all times.
They also recommend that you have at least two free pages in Visas section of your passport before any international travel.For U.S. citizens can get extra passport pages added to their passports as fast as within 24 hours.
Citizens of other foreign countries must apply for a visa to Libya in person at the nearest consulate of Libya in country of origin. Please note, application procedures and fees may vary by location. If there is no consulate of Libya in your country of origin, there may be a consulate of Libya in a neighboring country that covers the jurisdiction of your Country.
Information which might help
- Improperly completed Libya visa application forms may delay the processing of your Libya visa.
- The Embassy of Libya will not issue a visa on a passport that contains a valid or expired visa to Israel. Visas or entry may be denied for travelers if a passport contains Israeli stamps.
- Non-refundable tickets or reservations should not be purchased until all visas and passports are secured and in your possession.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- Can be used as prove travel in financial institution.
Take advantage of Libyan extensive embassy and consular database to find the nearest one. Upon contacting the embassy confirm the required documents, the time it takes to process the visa and whether the consulate accepts applications by mail.