Liberia - Registration of Medical Device and In-Vitro Devices (IVDs)
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
How to apply:
- Applicant should visit Liberia Medicines and Health Products Regulatory Authority (LMHRA) with all the require documents
- Request for the application form which should be completed in accordance with the sequence of appendices and shall be dated, signed and stamped by the applicant/license holder.
- Applicant who are not resident in Liberia shall appoint a local responsible person who must be a person residing or a company incorporated in Liberia and authorized by LMHRA to deal in medicine and Health Products.
- The application will be investigated, verified and processed if all the information are in order. The IVDs will be registered, gazetted and you will be issued with a certificate of registration
- A duly signed covering letter
- Two (2) completed application forms
- Samples of the product in the final package as specified in Samples Schedule
- Reference or working standard for Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient and related impurities where necessary.
- All supporting documents as specified on the application form
- Clinical trial and/or bioequivalence trial certificate where applicable
- non-refundable application fee (bank slip or bank draft)
Office Locations & Contacts
Liberia Medicines and Health Products Regulatory Authority (LMHRA):
PO BOX 1994 VP Road
Old Road, Sinkor; Monrovia, Liberia
Telephone + (231) (0)886562019
- Manufacturing, export, import companies in Liberia and abroad
- Application fee of $3,000 USD (non-refundable)
- fast track the application review process, the fee is $6,000 USD (non-refundable)
The Liberia Medicines and Health Products Regulatory Authority (LMHRA)
Account Name: The Liberia Medicines and Health Products Regulatory
Authority General Account
Account No. 0011134721054401
Currency: United States Dollars
Swift Code: ECOCLRLM
Name of bank: ECOBANK Liberia Ltd.
11th Street, Tubman Boulevard, Sinlor
P. O. Box 71625 Monrovia, Liberia
The Liberia Medicines and Health Products Regulatory Authority (LMHRA):
Account Name: LMHRA Project
Account No.: 207700196210
Name of Bank: Guaranty Trust Bank (Lib) Limited
Currency: United States Dollars
Swift Code: GTBILRLM
13th Street Sinkor, Tubman Boulevard Monrovia, Liberia
- Registration certificates shall be valid for five (5) years except when the Authority suspended or revoked or terminated the certificates
Documents to Use
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
- within 6 month (fast track) or 9 months (regular)
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
All applications and supporting documents for registration shall be done in English and must be legibly printed but not handwritten. Applications submitted in languages other than English will automatically be rejected.
- When all accompanying documents of an IVD are not originally in English, a copy of the original language should be submitted along with a copy of the full translation into English. The applicant is accountable for the accuracy of the translation.
- The local responsible person shall be responsible for facilitating communication with the applicant and when the product is registered he shall assume all legal responsibilities regarding the product safety, efficacy and quality follow-up on the Liberian market.
- Details of the applicant
- Detail of the manufacturing site
- Details of the local agent
- Details of the In vitro devices (IVDs)
- Applicant declaration
Need for the Document
The objective of registration of medical product /device by the Liberia Medicines and Health Products Regulatory Authority (LMHRA) is to protect patients and the general public by ensuring that all medicinal products circulating in the country are
- Of good quality
- Suitable/appropriate to the local market
- Therapeutically relevant to the health needs of the population (for community health diseases)
Information which might help
Any applicant that is aggrieved due to a decision made by the LMHRA regarding any IVD application for registration may make formal representations in writing to the LMHRA. Said representation/appeal should be made to the following address:
The Managing Director Liberia Medicines and Health Products Regulatory Authority (LMHRA)
P. O. Box 1994, VP Road, Old Road,
Oldest Congo Town, Monrovia, Liberia
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.