Liberia - Recreational Fishing License
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- A link is provided under 'Documents to Use' section which you can use to download the application form, you can also obtain a copy of the form at BNF's office. Complete the form and attach a copy of the vessel registration documents, a colored photo of the vessel, including engine and other required documents (see list below).
- Submit your application to the Bureau of National Fisheries and collect your bill payment slip.
- Pay the registration and licensing fees to the Special Fisheries Account at the Central Bank of Liberia (details are available at the BNF office).
- The Bureau of National Fisheries requires applicants to go through the inspection process before the license is issued. A new license must be applied and paid for each year.
- Completed application
- Copy of the vessel registration documents
- Colored photo of the vessel, including engine
- For foreigners: attach copies of the following additional documents:
- Residence Permit
- Work Permit
Office Locations & Contacts
Ministry of Agriculture
P.O. Box 10-9010
Somalia Drive, Gardnersville
1000 Monrovia 10, Liberia
Republic of Liberia
+ (231) 077-961-574
+ (231) 086-560-962
Provide eligibility criteria's for going through this procedure.
Explain the fees structure which is required for obtaining the certificate/document.
Fishing licenses are granted for a maximum period of 12 months, always ending on December 31st of each year.
Documents to Use
Note: A copy of the form can also be picked up from the Bureau of National Fisheries office.
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Please explain processing time taken in obtaining the document/certificate.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
The procedure below is required for all recreational fishing vessels, including those that wish to operate for personal or commercial reasons.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
All recreational (sport) fishing vessels wishing to operate in Liberian waters must obtain a valid fishing license from the Bureau of National Fisheries.
Here is a procedure on how you can obtain a Recreational (Sport) Fishing License.
Information which might help
The Liberia Fisheries Monitoring Center (FMC) monitors Channel 16, the Fisheries Hotline at 0880431581, and email@example.com. Recreational (sport) fishers are requested to report any sightings of any illegal fishing activity taking place in Liberia waters, including date, time, GPS position, type of activity and photographs if possible. Recreational fishers are also requested to report any sightings of Fish Aggregation Devices (FADs).
For research purposes, the BNF may on occasion request catch records from recreational fishers.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.