Liberia - Obtain a Birth Certificate
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Go to the Ministry of Health and Social Welfare's office.
- Bring the required documents.
- Complete the application form.
- Pay the fee.
Any of the following:
- road to health card
- copy of the first three pages of passport
- driver license
- valid identification card (ID)
- original copy of parents naturalization document
- copy of school application form approved by the principal/registrar's office
- one passport size photo (white background)
- one passport size photo of relative from 1970 and up
- baptismal certificate
Office Locations & Contacts
Ministry of Health & Social Welfare
P. O. Box 10-9009
1000 Monrovia 10, Liberia
- 0-12 years: Free
- 13 years old and above: $500 LD
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please explain the processing your application.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Please provide instructions on obtaining the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
Following are the procedures on how to obtain a birth certificate in Liberia.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Birth Certificate: http://www.mohsw.gov.lr/content_display.php?submenu_id=68&sub=submenu
More information which might help people.