Liberia - Fish Import Permit
Revision as of 03:54, 27 December 2017 by Wesley (Created page with "==Procedure== #Keep in mind that you must complete your application at least 7 days before arrival of consignment. To apply for the permit you must obtain a certificate or at...")
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Keep in mind that you must complete your application at least 7 days before arrival of consignment. To apply for the permit you must obtain a certificate or attestation from the fisheries directorate of the country(ies) of origin of the supply, approving the export of fish from that country.
- You will also need to obtain an invoice from the consigner detailing the quantities in tons and cartons (or bags) of the individual species to be imported.
- Complete an application, a link is provided under 'Documents to Use' section which you can use to download the application form, you can also obtain a copy of the form at BNF's office. Do not forget to attach all the required documents (see list below) to your application when you submit it.
- Receive approval for the importation (applications that are refused must be transported out of Liberian waters at the importers expense)
- Collect your bill for payment from the Bureau of National Fisheries, this must be paid to the Fisheries Management Fund in the Ministry of Finance.
- After payment, present receipt of payment to the Bureau of National Fisheries which will then issue your Permit for Importation.
- A copy of the port clearance must be submitted to the Bureau of National Fisheries upon arrival of the consigned goods before discharge.
- Submit to a dockside inspection during the offloading procedure. The Bureau of National Fisheries has the right to refuse import of fish or penalize the importer if discrepancies in the cargo are discovered during this inspection.
- Completed application
- Invoice of the consignment indicating the quantity of fish
- Type of each species of fish and amounts
- Certification of export from the fisheries department from the country of origin
- Copy of all transhipment documents, including position of transhipment
- Copy of licenses for all fishing vessels that have supplied the carrier
- Copy of ship registration documents
- Bill of landing and port clearance from the country of origin
- A certificate of clearance from the port of origin in the case of imports must be submitted on arrival of consignment.
Office Locations & Contacts
Ministry of Agriculture
P.O. Box 10-9010
Somalia Drive, Gardnersville
1000 Monrovia 10, Liberia
Republic of Liberia
+ (231) 077-961-574
+ (231) 086-560-962
Provide eligibility criteria's for going through this procedure.
Explain the fees structure which is required for obtaining the certificate/document.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Note: A copy of the form can also be picked up from the Bureau of National Fisheries office.
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Please explain processing time taken in obtaining the document/certificate.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
In order to be granted a permit for fish importation to Liberia, the official application form and required accompanying documents must be completed and returned seven (7) days before the arrival of the fish carrier. Note that this is the period that will be required by the BNF to complete the due diligence process; applications for shorter time periods will not be accepted.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
The Government of Liberia through its Bureau of National Fisheries ensure that fish brought to the country are caught legally by granting fish import permits.
Here is a procedure on how you can obtain a Fish Importation Permit.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.