Liberia - Applying for a Tourist Visa
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- The applicant should go to a Liberian embassy in their country of origin and
- Submit current, valid, signed Passport. It must not expire within 6 months and must have at least 1 blank visa page.
- Submit two (2) completed, signed Liberia Visa Application forms.
- Submit two (2) recent, 2x2 Passport Photographs with the whites of your eyes visible and taken by a passport photographer. They must not be a digital or non-passport style photograph.
- -Submit a computer-generated flight itinerary from your travel agent, airline, or online booking agency or a copy of your ticket(s). It must indicate your name, date of arrival and departure from Uganda and flight information.
- Submit an original International Certificate of Vaccination showing inoculation against yellow fever.
- submit a letter of invitation from the host company or sponsor in Uganda
- Submit a business Letter from employer or sponsoring company in the country of origin on company letterhead, introducing the applicant, indicating the applicant's employment
- Pay visa fees at a designated bank and submit the receipt for issuance of a visa
- One completed Liberia visa application form.
- A passport issued by your government valid for at least six months. Your passport must also be valid past the date of your expected departure from Liberia. (Passport must be signed.)
- Two passport-size photo taken within the past six months.
- International Certificate of Vaccination for Yellow Fever.
- an invitation letter from the person the foreigner is visiting in Liberia.
- Proof of departure
Office Locations & Contacts
Bureau of Immigration and Naturalization
Ministry of justice Republic of Liberia
PO Box 10-9006
Broad Street, Monrovia
Email : email@example.com
All foreigners on Tourism trip to Liberia;
- Foreigners visiting relatives and/or friends
- Foreign scientists, professors or researchers attending cultural, technological or scientific conferences, seminars or meetings in Liberia.
- Single Visa ---------------$50
- Year Multiple Visa -----$100
- Years Multiple----------$200
single Visa is valid for 1- 3 months
Multiple Visa is valid for 1-3 years
Documents to Use
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
It takes between 2 to 15 working days to process a Liberian Business Visa.
- A visa must always be obtained by any visitor in order to enter Liberia. Visitors travelling from a country where Liberia has no diplomatic representation can be granted a visa upon request of an agent in Liberia.
- All Foreigners on Tourist trip should write a personal letter addressed to the Embassy of Liberia, explaining the purpose of the trip, dates of travel, cities to be visited, and place of accommodation.
- The letter must original and bear a signature of the applicant
- Entry should be made only through the countrys gazetted ports of entry/exit.
- Every visitor will be required to carry a passport with validity beyond six months.
- Visitors should not overstay their visa validity otherwise they will be subjected to a fine of U$ 30 per day and other appropriate legal action.
- Where visitors seek to stay longer than the period granted on arrival, extension of the period should be sought from the Immigration Headquarters in Monrovia before expiry of the initial Visa.
- Tourist visa holders are not allowed to engage in any paid activity in Liberia
- Date / Place of Birth
- Marital Status:
- Passport Number
- Passport Expiry date
- Passport Issuing Authority
- Date of Travel:
- Mode of Travel
- Purpose of Trip:
- Duration of Stay:
Need for the Document
A Liberia visa is an official government document that temporarily authorizes foreigners to be in Liberia. A Liberian tourist visa is issued for a limited period of leisure travel and no business activities allowed.
Information which might help
- Citizens of, Benin, Burkina Faso, Cape Verde Islands, Cote d'Ivoire, Gambia, Ghana, Republic of Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Republic of Korea, Mali, Mauritius, Niger, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Togo do not need a Liberian Visa to enter Liberia.
- Travellers with a 'Laissez-Passer' issued by the United Nations are also exempt from Liberian Visas.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.