Kerala - Replace Contract Carriage Maxi Cab Permit
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
Replacement of vehicle is applicable for those vehicle with valid permit in the following cases… vehicle damaged due to fire or accident / age of the vehicle / due to theft
Apply In-Person :
- To Replace Contract Carriage Maxi Cab Permit in Kerala the applicant has to approach the RTO office to which his area belongs to.
- Please follow our “Office Locations & Contacts” section of this page to get details of the RTO offices. Link for RTO contacts: Link for contact
- Application form can be downloaded using the following link: Permit
- Application form Form
- Please make sure you have all the documents that are listed down the “Required Document” section of this page.
- Application forms can also be obtained from the appropriate RTO offices that can be completed and presented with appropriate fees.
- Present the completed application forms in one of the counter and pay the appropriate fee where the officials would start processing your application.
- Important verifications for the permit includes Vehicle condition, Body built arrangements etc... will be carried by authorities.
- After checking the vehicle for its correctness and other appropriate requirements the application will be processed further.
- Application forms can be obtained from following link : Form
- Original Permit.
- Registration Certificate of the vehicle (existing and new vehicle)
- Fitness Certificate of the vehicle. (existing and new vehicle)
- Proof of payment of tax for the current quarter.
- Insurance Certificate. (existing and new vehicle)
- Payment of green tax wherever applicable. (existing and new vehicle)
- Affidavit Sworn by the applicant before an Executive (or) a First Class Judicial Magistrate (or) Notary Public
- Passport size photo-2
- Pollution under control certificate
- Aadhaar card
- The resolution of the RTA/STA or the order of the Court (If required)
- Note : If the existing vehicle is under stoppage and it is not having valid F.C., valid I.C., and payment of tax for the current quarter are not up-to-date – Not to worry, provided the stoppage is genuine
Office Locations & Contacts
List of all RTO Office Locations in Kerala
Transport Commissionerate, Motor Vehicles Department, Kerala
2nd Floor, Trans Tower, CV Raman Pillai Rd,
DPI, Vazhuthacaud, Thiruvananthapuram,
Phone: 0471 233 3317
Location in Map
Following link will get RTO Contact details: Link for RTO Contact Info
- Owner of the vehicle is eligible for this procedure
- The age of the vehicle also considered
- Fee related details are provided under the following link : Fees
- RTO authorities may provide more information on fees
- Permit is usually valid for 5 years
- The renewal of permit can be obtained with Vehicle fitness certificate and FC as per authorities of concerned RTO
- The age of the vehicle is also considered to restrict the validity of the permit
- NOTE: Validity differs with the type of vehicle and also for the load the vehicle can manage
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
It takes 5 days to get the permit
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
Please provide other instructions related to the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
- Name of the Applicant
- Father’s Name
- Purpose for which permit is required
- Route and Routes details
- Details of vehicle
Need for the Document
- Maxi Cab Permit is needed for an tourist vehicle operator to carry passengers on a hire / rental basis from one place to another
- Maxi cab means any motor vehicle constructed or adapted to carry more than six passengers, but not more than twelve passengers, excluding the driver for hire.
Information which might help
- An operator with Maxi Cab Permit should permit not more than 12 passengers in his vehicle
- Proper payment of fees is required to travel in other states other than the permitted state
- FC (for clearance) is a process meant for reviewing the condition of the vehicle by the RTO authorities
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Place some external links which might help.
More information which might help people.