Kerala - Renew Tourist Guide Certificate (License)
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
FOR REGIONAL LEVEL GUIDE:
- To Renew Tourist Guide License, applicant has to visit the Kerala ministry of tourism office.
- For Kerala ministry of tourism office contact click here: Tourism Office
- To renew the tour guide license, applicant should submit the tour guide license to the authorities before 30 days of its expiry date along with the Refresher course completion certificate
- Applicant should be the licensed guide to participate in the refresher course conducted by the ministry of tourism or IITTM.
- Refresher course participation period must be 3 years or more than 3 years from the issuance of license and thereafter once in 5 years.
- Now get the relevant application form from the authorities and fill the form with valid details appropriately.
- Now complete the form with necessary information and make sure you have all the documents in hand that are listed under the “Required Documents” section of this page.
- After filling the form, attach the documents mentioned in the required documents section below with the completed application form.
- Submit the form along with the required documents to the authorities.
- Now the authorities will verify your application and validate the submitted documents.
- After the verification process, applicant shall receive the renewed tourist guide license.
- Copy of tourist guide license.
- Application Form
- Aadhaar card.
- Voter ID card.
- Smart Card.
- PAN Card.
- Copy of refresher course certificate.
Office Locations & Contacts
Ministry of Tourism,:
Government of India,
India tourism KOCHI,
Kerala – 682009.
Phone: 0484-2669125; Fax: 0484-2668352.
Contact Link: Tourism Office
- Applicant who is having the certificate of registration as a tour guide can apply for renewal.
- Tour guide who doesn’t have any criminal records or negative feedback can apply.
- Applicant has to renew the license one month before the expiry period.
- Applicant who successfully pass the refresher course.
Fees varies from time to time.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Please explain processing time taken in obtaining the document/certificate.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
- IITTM or the approved/designated Institute of the Ministry of Tourism would conduct mandatory Refresher Courses for the guides who are due for Renewal of the Regional Level Tourist Guide License.
- The licensed guides would be required to successfully pass the Refresher Courses for Renewal of their licenses.
- Name of the Applicant
- Contact number
- E mail ID
- PAN number
- Residential Address
Need for the Document
To interact with the tourists as a guide you must hold a valid Tour Guide License.
Information which might help
- Tourist guides play a major role in collaborating with tourists who visit our Country / Region / State.
- Tourist guide is responsible for the people who visit the country. They should project correct image of the country, explain the facts about the destination and make the tourists feel comfortable and ensure safety.
There are 4 categories of Regional Level Tourist Guides
- General – These guides can work as a regional level guide on a full time basis.
- General Linguistic – Ministry of Tourism will identify the guides with fluency in foreign languages.
- Expert Guides – This is a special category in the tourist guide sector. In this category, scholars or specialists in the fields of tourism will be placed.
- Expert Linguistic – In this category, scholars or specialists with fluency in foreign language will be placed.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
One who holds the Tour guide license can be officially allotted as the state / central government tourist guide.
Prior to issuing of guiding license, the candidates would have to undergo a verification of their antecedents through the Police and any adverse report would lead to immediate disqualification of the candidate.