Kerala - Register as Tour Operator Or Travel Agent License
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- To register as a Tourist Operator, applicant has to visit the Kerala Tourism Development Corporation.
- For Kerala Tourism Development Corporation Office contact click here: Contact Info
- Applicant has to visit the Kerala Tourism Development Corporation and obtain the application form from the respective officer.
- Now complete the form with necessary information and make sure you have all the documents in hand that are listed under the “Required Documents” section of this page.
- After filling the form, attach the documents mentioned in the required documents section below with the completed application form.
- Check the application form and then submit it to the Deputy Director (Marketing) in Kerala Tourism Development Corporation office address mentioned in the office locations & contacts section below.
- Now the authorities will verify your application and validate the submitted documents.
- KTDC authorities will inspect the facilities that are related to the touring company and if they are satisfied with the standards followed the authorities will provide a franchise permission.
- The applicant will be later requested to collect the Tour Operator License on a specified date.
- To register as a tourist operator through online, visit the following link Register
- First “Sign in” to create an account.
- After successfully Sign in, click on “submit a new application” options which is available at the right side of the home screen.
- Now fill the application form with mandatory details and Click on the “save” button.
- In the next page you fill the Demand Draft details, then click “Save” button. Now enter the financial performance mandatory details and click on “save” button.
- In the next page you download the undertaking form then “choose file” for all required scanned document and click on “Upload” to upload the documents.
- In the next page you can “choose file” for all required photographs and click on “Upload” button. Next page you fill the required details and click on “save” button.
- You will redirected to a next screen in which you can review your all information. After reviewing your all information, tap on the “save” option at the bottom of the screen.
- You will get pop-up message as “Successfully uploaded the application for admin verification” at the middle of the screen.
- Copy of the firm registration certificate or trade license.
- PAN card.
- Proof of bank account in the name of firm.
- Registered copy of the professional tax with commercial department.
- Service tax number
- Aadhaar card.
Office Locations & Contacts
Kerala Tourism Development Corporation:
Department of Tourism,
Park View, Thiruvananthapuram,
Kerala, India - 695033
Phone: +91-471-2321132/ +91-471-2322279
- The applicant must be a registered company or Partnership Firm
- The Tour operator should have a proper office with a minimum area of 500sq.ft. The office should be located in a neat and clean surrounding and equipped with telephone, fax, computer reservation system etc. There should be sufficient space for reception and easy access to toilets.
- The Tour operator should have a minimum of three experienced and well qualified executive staff under its direct employment out of which at least two should have diploma/degree in travel and tourism from a recognized University, IITM, KITTS or an institution approved by Govt. of Kerala or AICTE
- The tour operator should be an Income Tax assesse and should have filed Income Tax return, for the last two financial years
- The Tour Operator should have been in operation for a minimum period of two years before the date of application.
- The Tour Operator should be reregistered with the labour department as per the shop and establishment act of Kerala.
- The applicant should have a Permanent Account Number (PAN) and should have Service Tax Number.
- The applicant should have a Bank Account Holder.
The applicant will be required to pay a non-refundable fee of Rs.6500/- (Rupees Six Thousand Five Hundred only) for head office and Rs.3500/-(Rupees Three Thousand five hundred only) for each branch while applying for the accreditation and renewal.
The license shall be granted for two years.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Please explain processing time taken in obtaining the document/certificate.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
- The approved applicant would have option to book KTDC hotels and KTDC package tours through online, on provide user credentials.
- It is statutory for the applicant to display details of various KTDC offered packages, list of hotel and also about L.T.C facilities available for KTDC operated tours.
- The agency must maintain in its office premises all the maps and reference material concerning the particular activities it desires to pursue as business.
- All cancellation and postponement should be done through online and charges are as per the KTDC policy.
- Name of the Tour Operator
- Contact number
- Company name
- E mail ID
- PAN number
- Service Tax number.
Need for the Document
- Tour operator must be registered to avail concessions and incentives from the state and central government.
Information which might help
- The approved applicant should do the minimum sales target per year. Falling to achieve the target for consecutive years, applicant should be disqualified resulting in termination.
- Separate application with fee shall be submitted for the accreditation and renewal of the Head Office as well as each Branch Office.
- Tour operator is one who makes arrangements for transport, accommodation, entertainment and other tourism related activities.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.