Kerala - Obtain a Solvency Certificate
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Applicant shall apply for solvency certificate through state Revenue Department. Through bank also we can obtain this certificate.
- This application should be made through thasildhar or the concerned competent authority for your Panchayat / Block / Circle / thasil / municipal limit.
- Link for contact details : link Follow the screen prompt to locate the address and Link2
- Please go to the respective office. Consult with the authorities for any updated requirements.
- Applicant shall obtain the application form from the respective office (please pay for the form if required) Or a written application on A4 plain sheet as advised shall be used.
- Link for application form: link
- The application for solvency certificate should be affixed with a court stamp fee as appropriate.
- Submit the completed application along with required documents as per our required document section.
- Authorities after checking the attached documents and application submitted will make entries and provide you record number for reference.
- This application will be processed internally. Respective authorities will do the ground level verification followed by scrutiny of the documents, movable and immovable property details provided by the applicant.
- Once the verification is over, these officials will submit their report to the respective authority to decide the issue of Certificate to the applicant.
- The status, viz. Approval or Rejection if any will be conveyed to the applicant through an SMS.
- If approved, the certificate will be issued as per applicable norms.
- Please go to: link
- Applicant has to use the “NewPortalUserCreation” option under portal user login on the right part of the screen to reach registration page.
- Please complete the page prompts as appropriate to complete the registration.
- As a registered user, please use the login details to login.
- In the given page, please select the “Apply For A Certificate” menu on the left part of the page and click “get started” option as displayed.
- In the resulting applying page. Please select “Solvency certificate” from the drop down list under certificate type.
- Enter the required information for application details, Upload supporting documents and Make payment and generate Acknowledgement (Receipt)
- This application will be processed by rerspective department. Please follow the department notification and guidelines to get the certificate.
- Once the certificate is processed, user shall print the certificate using the same page by login.
Apply through Akshaya:
- Applicant must visit the nearest Akshaya centre. Link for centre: link
- Submit the completed application, document and applicable fees to the centre staff.
- Application submitted will be processed and receipt with application number will be issued.
- Application will be processed. SMS triggered update on application status will be sent to applicant mobile.
- Upon notification applicant shall receive the certificate from where the application submitted.
- Applicant has to bring original documents for verification and scanning if required.
- Without cross signature on photograph and signature on undertaking the application will be rejected
- Based on value for which the solvency certificate is applied, application will be sent for approval with respective Sub Division Office /Deputy collector/Deputy commissioner/District Collector.
- Application form.
- Proof of address
- Proof of Identity
- Proof of Date of birth
- Solvency proof of the applicant
- Bank statement (savings/current) from the branch letter head
- Property document
- Residence certificate
- Income tax returns
- Recent Form F /Land Revenue Receipt
- Audited financial statements (companies/partnership firms)
- Any other investment certificate
- Encumbrance certificate on the property in original obtained from the Sub-Registrar’s office for 13 years.
- Latest Guideline value statement (to determine the value of the land)
- Liability amount certificate
- Mortgage certificate
- Property Tax receipt or Land Revenue Receipt
- Chitta or Patta
- Building value
- Lease agreement
- Affidavit to prove the facts of the application are correct.
- Self-declaration of applicant
- Passport size photographs
- Ration card
- Aadhaar Card
- All original and copy of original with self attestation as advised by respective authorities to be submitted as per requirement.
- Apart from the above documents authorities may ask to submit additional information or documents. Please provide them for processing.
Office Locations & Contacts
Department of revenue,
Room No. 140
2nd Floor,North Block,
Tel: 0471- 2333670/2327068
Fax: 0471- 2333350
Mob : 9447672200
Contact Link: Link
- Applicant must be a resident of the state
- Citizen of India
- Prospective Contractors and Their Guarantors (Central, State Government or Local Bodies)
- Individuals from whom a solvency certificate is required under the rules of any department (Central or State Government).
- Authorities will provide fee details.
- During online payment fee details will be displayed (If applicable)
- Valid for six months from the date of issue or as mentioned on the certificate.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
- Usually 15 days (this certificate can be obtained in less than the mentioned days in requirement of any urgency).
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
- Solvency certificate should not be issued on the basis of assets which cannot be attached / sold.
- If the application is rejected, the reasons for rejection will be specified to the applicant.
- Name of applicant
- Name of father
Need for the Document
- A solvency certificate is a proof for the financial credibility of the person for whom the certificate is issued.
- Solvency certificate is necessary for getting contracts and for participating in an auction or tenders.
- Various Government and semi-Government offices require solvency certificate as a document of surety.
Information which might help
- Never furnish fraudulent certificate of details for obtaining this certificate. This will lead to punishment.
- Always check your name spelling while applying.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Place some external links which might help.
More information which might help people.