Kerala - Obtain a Liquor Posession Permit
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- In order to stock more than the prescribed quantity/amount of liquor for personal consumption, applicant has to apply for liquor possession permit with the State Excise Department.
- Link for contact details : link
- Go to the license issuing authority to do the preliminary round of discussion for your need. Once the details (any updated changes in government policy) are clarified, please arrange all the requirements.
- An application form for liquor possession permit can be obtained from respective office on your visit Or can be a written one.
- Applicant shall apply to the issuing authority with completed application form along with required document and fees.
- Once the application is received, authorities will verify the details and provide applicant with receipt. Keep it safe for future transaction. Authorities will inform about the successive steps.
- After all the formalities are successful, applicant will be informed to collect the permit. Collect the permit from the authorities.
- Note: Grant or rejection of permission is sole discretion of authorities.
- Application form.
- ID proof (Passport / Voter ID / PAN Card / Driving Licence)
- Residence proof (Passport / Voter ID / PAN Card / Driving Licence)
- Age proof
- Supporting document from statutory body
- Aadhaar Card
- Notary attested Affidavit.
- Passport size photograph.
- Copy of Income tax.
- Contact number
Office Locations & Contacts
Excise Department of Kerala,
Contact No: 0471 2335568/ 9400069400.
Link for details: link
- In case of individual,
- Above the age of 21 years.
- who is a citizen of India or a Person of Indian Origin (P.I.O.)
- a firm
- a company
- a society.
- The permit holder shall not use liquor except for personal consumption.
- Liquor should be obtained from an authorized dealer or hotel.
For fee details use the following link : https://excise.kerala.gov.in/downloads/
- Valid for a year and need to be renewed annually by making required payment as required.
- If the permit is granted for lifetime, then renewal will be done as per requirement.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
Processing time varies from 3 days to 10 days based on the requirement.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
The Excise & Taxation Department is a revenue department and it is in charge of issuing Liquor Possession Permits.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
Following procedure explains about obtaining a Liquor Posession Permit.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Place some external links which might help.
More information which might help people.