Kerala - Obtain a Family Member Certificate
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
Apply through Akshaya
- Applicant must visit the nearest Akshaya center. Link for center: link
- Applicant shall obtain application form from the centre or download using the link : link
- Submit the completed application, document and applicable fees to the centre staff.
- Application submitted will be processed and receipt with application number will be issued.
- Application will be processed. SMS triggered update on application status will be sent to applicant mobile.
- Upon notification applicant shall receive the certificate from where the application submitted.
- In order to apply for Family member certificate in Kerala, applicant has to go to the respective municipal office in whose jurisdiction the candidate usually resides. Link for the office details : link and link
- Submit a written application form along with required documents to the authority.
- Link for form: link
- Authorities after checking the attached documents and details submitted, will make entries and provide you record number for reference after the payment for the process. Please pay as per authority quote.
- The application will be verified by the Village Administrative Officer (VAO) and Revenue Inspector (RI).
- There will be a ground level verification and scrutiny of the documents and details provided.
- Once the verification is over, these officials will submit their report to the Thasildhar.
- Thasildhar will decide to issue the Family Member Certificate to the applicant with the names of all legal heirs of the deceased.
- Applicant will get the certificate in 6 days after due verification.
- Note: In some cases you might be asked to contact a lawyer in District Civil Court to get it done.
Apply Online: - Kerala Obtain a Family Member Certificate Online with Images
- Please go to: link
- Applicant has to use the “New PortalUserCreation” option under portal user login to register by completing the following online registration prompts.
- As a registered user, please use the login details to login.
- In the given page, please select the certificates option from menu and select the respective option to enter the required information for application details(family member certificate), Upload supporting documents and Make payment and generate Acknowledgement (Receipt)
- This application will be processed by respective department.
- Once the certificate is processed, user shall print the certificate using the same page by login.
- Application form : Can be obtained from respective thasildhar office
- Election/Voters ID
- Ration Card
- Your identity documents such as Permanent Account Number (PAN), Ration card
- Aadhaar card
- Date of birth certificate such as 10th Standard certificate
- Death Certificate (of the deceased)
- Proof of residence such as Voters card, Electricity Bill, Telephone Bill
- A Gazette officer attested and duly signed bond paper on the proforma
- Passport size photographs
Office Locations & Contacts
Municipal Corporation of Thiruvananthapuram,
Vikas Bhavan P.O.
Thiruvananthapuram - 695 033
Phone :- (0471) 2332085,
Fax :- 2336017
e-mail : email@example.com
Contact Link: link and link anf link and link
Wife or Husband or Son or Daughter or Mother may apply for family member certificate in a family
- Rs.18/- (Akshaya service charge) + Rs.7 (Govt.Service charge) + Rs.3 per page for scanning /printing
- SC / ST families need to pay Rs 10 + Rs.2 per page for scanning /printing
- BPL families need to pay Rs 20
3 Years from the date of issue of certificate.
Documents to Use
Please download the form from the following URL: Form
Blank family member certificate form : sample form
If your application is fair and complete, the processing time will be 6 days.
Kerala - Online Obtain a Family Member Certificate
Kerala - Obtain a Family Member Certificate
You can obtain a Family Member Certificate by applying in person and online. You should have valid documents such as ration card, pan card, voter id card. You should manually complete the application forms and submit in the respective MRO office of your area. The main applicant should claim as the head of the family while applying. The main applicant should submit passport size photographs with the application.
The following information is required to complete the application form.
- Full Name of the applicant
- Other family members names (who are alive)
- Applicants Date of birth
- Relationship to the applicant
- Every family members date of birth
- Every applicants occupation
- Passport Size photographs of the applicant
- Gazetted officer should duly attest the application form
- Gazetted officer should duly sign on the bond paper with the proper proforma
- Xerox copy of the family head death certificate
- Xerox copy of the completed application
Need for the Document
When a Government employee and the head of the family expires, the surviving family members such as Spouse, Sons, Daughters has to obtain a certificate which is referred as Family Member or Proper Person Certificate. The Mandal Revenue Officer (MRO) will process the applicants request after following a thorough process.
Information which might help
Enter other information which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
The Family Member certificate is used as a proof when you are selling or moving your property household.
More information which might help people.