Kerala - Obtain a Domicile or Residence Certificate
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Applicant must visit thasildhar to apply in-person with the documents specified under required documents session. #Link for contact: link and link
- Applicant shall obtain the application from office or download from the following link: link
- Submit the completed application form and required documents to authorities.
- Authorities after checking the attached documents and details submitted, will make entries and provide you record number for reference after the payment for the process. Please pay as per authority quote.
- There will be a ground level verification and scrutiny of the documents and details provided.
- Once the verification is over, the officials will submit their report to the thasildhar.
- Thasildhar will decide to issue the Local Certificate to the applicant.
- Applicant will get the certificate as notified after due verification.
Apply through Akshaya
- Applicant must visit the nearest Akshaya center. Link for center: link
- Applicant shall obtain application form from the centre or download using the link : link
- Submit the completed application, document and applicable fees to the centre staff.
- Application submitted will be processed and receipt with application number will be issued.
- Application will be processed. SMS triggered update on application status will be sent to applicant mobile.
- Upon notification applicant shall receive the certificate from where the application submitted.
- Please go to: link
- Applicant has to use the “New PortalUserCreation” option under portal user login to register by completing the following online registration prompts.
- As a registered user, please use the login details to login.
- In the given page, please select the certificates option from menu and select the respective option to enter the required information for application details(domicile certificate), Upload supporting documents and Make payment and generate Acknowledgement (Receipt)
- This application will be processed by respective department.
- Once the certificate is processed, user shall print the certificate using the same page by login.
- Application form : link
- Self declaration from the applicant.
- Residential proof of land or rented house (photocopy of land deed / rent receipt copy).
- Identity Proof (PAN card, Driving license, Voter card, Ration card, Passport).
- Birth Certificate.
- Passport size photograph.
- Property TAX reciept (As applicable)
- Educational certificates if applicable
- Aadhaar card
Office Locations & Contacts
Municipal Corporation of Thiruvananthapuram,
Vikas Bhavan P.O.
Thiruvananthapuram - 695 033
Phone :- (0471) 2332085
Fax :- 2336017
e-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Link: link and link and linkand link
- The following are the eligibility criteria to obtain a local certificate from the State Government:
- Any person who is a resident of state
- Women not initially belonging to the state, but married to a permanent resident of the state.
- Rs.18/- (Akshaya service charge) + Rs.7 (Govt.Service charge) + Rs.3 per page for scanning /printing
- SC / ST families need to pay Rs 10 + Rs.2 per page for scanning /printing
- BPL families need to pay Rs 20
The validity period of this certificate has been enhanced to life long as per GO
Documents to Use
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
5 days to Maximum of 15 Working Days
Kerala - Online Domicile Or Residence Certificate (Local Certificate)
Kerala - Apply Domicile Or Residence Certificate (Local Certificate)
Tahsildar is authorized to issue Domicile Certificate on basis of the report from Village Officer
Domicile Certificate can be made only in one State/UT. Obtaining Domicile Certificate from more than one State/UT is an offence.
Application Form :
The application form can be downloaded from the following link:Form
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
A Domicile/Residence Certificate is generally issued to prove that the person bearing the Certificate is a Domicile/Resident of the State/UT by which the Certificate is being issued. This Certificate is required as proof of residence to avail Domicile/Resident Quotas in educational institutions and in the Government Service, as also in case of jobs where local residents are preferred. This procedure provides you information about how to obtain Local / Domicile certificate.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- To avail of the resident quota reservation in educational institutes
- To avail of the resident quota reservation in Government Services
- Wherever the proof of residence in the state is needed
Place some external links which might help
More information which might help people.