Kerala - Obtain a Bonafide Fisherman Certificate
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- A bonafide fisherman certificate is issued to eligible fisherman who is actively involved in fishing related activity. They shall apply to their respective local administrative office. It is a certificate of proof that the applicant is a fisherman.
- There are various steps taken to uplift the socio-economic conditions of the actual fishermen of the state. Bonafide fisherman certificate is required to avail these schemes and benefits.
- Eligible applicant shall apply for bonafide fishermen certificate with their respective Village Panchayat / Sarpanch / Block Panchayat / municipal authority /contact the local fisheries department for details about with whom to apply for.
- Link for contact details : Panchayat AND Local government department & Corporation of Trivandrum AND Department of Fisheries
- Please go to the respective office.
- Get the form for this certificate or write on a plain paper as advised.
- Submit the completed application along with required documents to the receiving authority.
- Authorities after checking the application and documents will make entries at the respective register and provide applicant a record number for reference.
- Keep it safe for future reference.
- This application will be processed further.
- There will be a ground level verification and scrutiny of the documents and details by the department authorities.
- After verifying the details and conducting a local inquiry into the facts and merits of the case, the respective panchayat/Sarpanch or the respective authority will issues the Certificate.
- Application form.
- Identity proof.
- caste (samaj) certificate [Self Attested] .
- Ration Card
- complete information about applicants fishing activity
- Residential Proof: Residential Certificate issued by Local administration office/ Aadhaar card / Passport / Driving License / Ration Card / Govt. Id card / Defence ID Card / PAN Card.
- Age proof (birth certificate / school certificate)
- Applicant passport size photograph.
- Aadhaar card
- Affix stamp as advised by authorities if required.
- All original and copy of original with self attestation as advised by respective authorities to be submitted as per requirement.
- Apart from the above documents authorities may ask to submit additional information or documents. Please provide them for processing.
Office Locations & Contacts
Municipal Corporation of Thiruvananthapuram,
Vikas Bhavan P.O.
Thiruvananthapuram - 695 033.
Phone :- (0471) 2332085
Fax :- 2336017
e-mail : [email protected]
Contact Link:Government of Kerala & Corporation of trivandrum
- The fishermen who are actively involved in fishing activity for livelihood.
- Applicant must be a resident of the state
- Citizen of India
This service doesn’t require fees, but charges for affixing stamp may be required as applicable.
This certificate is valid for lifetime.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
15 working Days
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Please provide instructions on obtaining the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
- To gain government aids offered for the fishermen people.
- Fishermen family with this certificate, shall approach the concerned Department for various programmes including upliftment of fishermen children, by providing quota in education sector, employment opportunity and welfare schemes.
- For getting subsidy while procuring fishing aids.
Information which might help
- Avoid using fabricated documents to avail this certificate as it is punishable.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Place some external links which might help.
More information which might help people.