Kerala - Obtain a Birth Certificate
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- To apply for a Birth Certificate, you must first register the birth.
- Normally the dispensaries or hospitals where the birth takes place maintain a register and the same is sent to the local bodies at regular intervals for registering the records.
- Once it reaches the Municipality or Revenue Department, the concerned citizen has to approach the authority and apply for the certificate on any working day.
- The birth has to be registered with the concerned local authorities within 21 days of its occurrence, by filling up the form.
- Link for Municipal office : link and link
- Link for form: link
- The information of any birth is given to the related wards on prescribed form within 21 days and then certificate is issued immediately free of cost by the person employed at Registration ward.
- For registering after 21 days, applicant need to provide nominal charges as per authorities quote.
- Once the form along with documents were submitted, Authorities will accept the form and register the birth by verifying the details and documents to issue the certificate.
Download certificate online - Kerala Obtain a Birth Certificate Online with Images
- Birth certificate can be downloaded from “Sevana website” of Kerala Government Civil Services online portal.
- Link for portal: link
- Click on “Certificate Search” option from the list of options provided to get the next page.
- Select your district, Local body type and Local body from the drop down menu. Click on submit for list of certificate as per records year wise.
- Select year of birth from the list to get page with prompt for user to enter details about the person and hit search to get he certificate printed.
- Please use the appropriate option listed to get print out if it is sufficient to serve your purpose.
- Name of the Parent
- Date of birth of the child & Location of residence
- Application is to be made in the prescribed format. Link for form: link
- If the birth takes place at a dispensary/hospital, the register record is enough.
- Address proof(Voter ID, Driving License etc.) of parents
- Aadhaar Card of Parents
- If the birth takes place at a house, the citizen has to approach the local body and inform in writing. Then it will be verified & the certificate will be issued.
- Certificate of Doctor / Hospital discharge certificate
- In case of delayed registration, an affidavit from judicial magistrate / Notary is required indicating the date and place of birth, names of parent and evidence of the event of birth.
- In case you have applied after a month but within a year you have to obtain a permission from the Add.Dist.Registrar i.e BDO of concerned Taluka.
- In case applied after one year, need to obtain an order from executive magistrate and copy of the said order is required to be attached with the prescribed application form.
- If there is no record for birth / death from hospital, then the village head / regional councilor / MLA / MP / MBS Certificate of signature and stamp with any one of the doctor should be submitted
Office Locations & Contacts
Municipal Corporation of Thiruvananthapuram,
Vikas Bhavan P.O.
Thiruvananthapuram - 695 033
Phone :- (0471) 2332085,
Fax :- 2336017
e-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Link: link and link and link
Any citizen or foreigner who is born in the state
- No fees for those registered within 21 days of birth.
- On delayed registration after 21 days of birth, applicant has to pay as advised for a nominal charges.
Birth certificate is Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
7 to 14 working days from the date applied (if all details are valid and appropriate)
Kerala - Obtain a Birth Certificate
- In India, it is mandatory under the law to register every birth with the concerned State/UT Government within 21 days of its occurrence.
- The Government accordingly has provided for a well-defined system for registration of Birth, with the Registrar General at the centre and the Chief Registrars in the States, running through district registrars to the village and town registrars at the periphery.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
A Birth Certificate is the most important identity document that makes it possible for anyone in possession of it to benefit from a gamut of services offered by the Indian Government to its citizens. It becomes necessary to obtain a Birth Certificate because it serves to establish the date and fact of ones birth for a whole range of purposes, like acquiring the right to vote, admission to schools and to the Government Service, claiming the right to marry at the legally permissible age, settlement of inheritance and property rights, and obtaining Government-issued identity documents like a driving licence or passport. This procedure will provide you steps that are involved in obtaining a birth certificate.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
A certified birth certificate copy that can typically be used for passport, proof of citizenship, driver's license, school registration, personal identification and other legal purposes
More information which might help people.