Kerala - Obtain Non Availability of Death Certificate (NADC)
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- First visit the death registrar office to know whether the death records are available or not.
- To apply for the non availability of death certificate, applicant has to approach the registrar in the Municipal Corporation.
- Link for contact: Contact
- Download the application form from the given link: Application form. Refer form number 10.
- And also get a verified statement from the municipal office authorities stating the reason for non-availability, on their letterhead or on the application form.
- Make sure that you have all the proper documents mentioned in the “Required documents” section below.
- Submit the form to the municipal office along with the required documents.
- Refer the municipal office location mentioned in the “Office location & contacts” section below.
- Police verification will be done if you enclose any other supporting documents except school certificate.
- After successful verification, concerned authorities in the municipal council will issue the certificate.
- Completed application form
- Aadhaar card of the deceased
- Address proof like identity card / Ration card / gas bill etc
- Legal proof like PAN card / Voter identity card / Driving license of the deceased
- Death proof
- Secondary evidence like
- Hospital birth records like doctor’s certificate having the name of the deceased person.
- Medical records which has the name of the deceased person.
- Affidavit from the husband / wife / son / daughter or relatives of the deceased.
Office Locations & Contacts
Chief Registrar (Birth and Death):
Public Office Building,Museum (PO),Trivandrum
Location : Trivandrum , Museum (PO)
City : Trivandrum
PIN Code : 695033
Phone : 04712321280
Email : crbdkerala[at]gmail[dot]com
Link for contact: Contact. Please select your state name to know the contact of your district registrar.
Contact link: Municipal Corporation
- Deceased person should be the citizen of India or NRI.
- If the death is not officially recorded.
- If the death certificate has been destroyed in any natural calamities or fire or civil calamities.
Issuance of NADC is chargeable as per the norms of the state government.
Non-Availability of Death Certificate is valid forever.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.gIn the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
- Applicant has to get a statement from the respective authority on the letterhead or on the prescribed application form, stating the reason of unavailability of death certificate.
- Along with the statement include the secondary evidence mentioned in “Required documents” section.
- Name of Deceased
- Date of Death
- Name of Father/Husband of the Deceased
- Address of Deceased
- Place of Death
Need for the Document
- NADC will fulfil the requirement of death certificate.
- NADC certifies the registration of the unregistered death.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Place some external links which might help.
More information which might help people.