Kerala - Obtain Non Availability of Birth Certificate (NABC)
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- First visit the birth registrar office to know whether the birth records are available or not.
- To apply for the non availability of birth certificate, applicant has to approach the registrar in the Municipal Corporation.
- Link for contact: Contact
- Download the application form from the given link: Application form. Refer form number 10.
- And also get a verified statement from the municipal office authorities stating the reason for non-availability, on their letterhead or on the application form.
- Make sure that you have all the proper documents mentioned in the “Required documents” section below.
- Submit the form to the municipal office along with the required documents.
- Refer the municipal office location mentioned in the “Office location & contacts” section below.
- Police verification will be done if you enclose any other supporting documents except school certificate.
- After successful verification, concerned authorities in the municipal council will issue the certificate.
- Completed application form
- Aadhaar card
- Address proof like Ration card / gas bill etc
- Legal proof like PAN card / Voter identity card / Driving license
- Birth proof
- Secondary evidence like
- Hospital birth records like doctor’s certificate which have the child and parents name
- Medical records which have the child and parents name
- School records which have the child and parents name, like school leaving certificate etc
- Affidavit from the parents or relatives
Office Locations & Contacts
Chief Registrar (Birth and Death):
Public Office Building,Museum (PO),Trivandrum
Location : Trivandrum , Museum (PO)
City : Trivandrum
PIN Code : 695033
Phone : 04712321280
Email : crbdkerala[at]gmail[dot]com
Link for contact: Contact. Please select your state name to know the contact of your district registrar.
Contact link: Municipal Corporation
- Applicant should be the citizen of India or NRI.
- If the applicant’s birth is not officially recorded.
- If the birth certificate has been destroyed in any natural calamities or fire or civil calamities.
Issuance of NABC is chargeable as per the norms of the state government.
Non-Availability of Birth Certificate is valid forever.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.gIn the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
- Applicant has to get a statement from the respective authority on the letterhead or on the prescribed application form, stating the reason of unavailability of birth certificate.
- Along with the statement include the secondary evidence mentioned in “Required documents” section.
- Name of the child
- Name of the Father
- Date of Birth details
- Place of birth details
Need for the Document
- Birth certificate is the mandatory document at the time of school / college admissions.
- Without birth certificate, getting PAN card, Aadhaar card, Voter ID, Driving license, Passport or visa is impossible.
- NABC will fulfil the requirement of birth certificate.
- NABC certifies the registration of the unregistered birth.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Place some external links which might help.
More information which might help people.