Kerala - Obtain No Objection Certificate for Vehicle Registration
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
Apply In-Person :
- To obtain no objection certificate for vehicle registration in Kerala the applicant has to approach the RTO office of his area.
- Please follow our “Office Locations & Contacts” section of this page to get details of the RTO offices. Link for RTO contacts: Link for contact
- Application form can be downloaded using the following link: Form
- Forms link from Vahan : Link for Vahan forms information
- Application in form 28 is required. Application form can be obtained from the following link : Form 28
- Also make sure you have all the necessary documents to process the application
- The applicant should make sure they are eligible for applying for this procedure
- Application forms can also be obtained from the appropriate RTO offices
- Present the completed application forms in one of the counter and officials would start processing your application.
- Authorities will inspect the vehicle – Chassis number particularly
- After checking the application for its correctness and other appropriate requirements the No objection certificate will be issued.
Apply online through state portal : - Kerala Obtain No Objection Certificate for Vehicle Registration Online with Images
- Please use the link : Vehicles
- Click Apply online next to No Objection Certificate
- In the following screen please fill / select prompted details and hit “Go” to process your application online.
- Application in form 28. Link : Form 28
- Certificate of Registration
- Certificate of Insurance
- Evidence of Payment of Motor Vehicle Tax up to date
- Pollution under Control Certificate.
- Police Verification Certificate
- Aadhaar card
Office Locations & Contacts
List of all RTO Office Locations in Kerala
Transport Commissionerate, Motor Vehicles Department, Kerala
2nd Floor, Trans Tower, CV Raman Pillai Rd,
DPI, Vazhuthacaud, Thiruvananthapuram,
Phone: 0471 233 3317
Location in Map
Following link will get RTO Contact details: Link for RTO Contact Info
- Owner of the vehicle can apply for NOC to transfer ownership of vehicle
- In case of death of the owner – Legal heir is eligible for this procedure
- The owners of the vehicle who moves from one state to another state / UT are eligible to apply for NOC.
- Fee related details are provided under the following link: Fees
- Fee related details provided under the Parivahan site by Ministry of Road Transport & Highways:Parivahan Fees Details
An NOC is valid for a period of 6 months or the period mentioned by the issuing authority
Documents to Use
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
Kerala - Obtain No Objection Certificate (NOC) for Vehicle Registration
Kerala - Online Obtain No Objection Certificate for Vehicle Registration
Every owner of Motor Vehicle shall cause the Vehicle to be Registered by a Registrating Authority in whose Jurisdiction he has residence or place of business where the vehicle is normally kept.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
- Vehicle registration's purpose is to establish clear ownership and to tax motorist or vehicle owners. It is a requirement by the state.
- N O C - No Objection Certificate is a must for re - registration from one state to another. You must get it from the local R.T.O where you got registered your vehicle.
- When you shift your vehicle to another state from one state you will have to follow some procedure for a hassle free driving in the new state. For example when you move a vehicle registered in Kerala RTO and move to any other state like Himachal Pradesh or Karnataka then you have to follow the RTO rules.
Information which might help
- While applying - Documents can be made in duplicate if the vehicle is held under an agreement of Hire-purchase / Lease / Hypothecation and Duplicate copy with the endorsement of the Registering Authority to be returned to the Financier simultaneously on Registration of motor vehicle.
- Make sure all lights and horn are in good condition. Also, the vehicle should look neat and clean.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Place some external links which might help.
More information which might help people.