Kerala - Obtain FSSAI License for Dairy Product Manufacturing
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- To Obtain FSSAI license for Dairy Product Manufacturing, You have to approach the Commissioner of Food Safety / Officer-In-Charge for Food Safety.
- To know the contact details click here: link
- You can download the application Form-B from the following link: link . After visiting the website click on the Form-B option located below in the State license category.
- Please make sure you are eligible to make the application by going through the eligibility criteria provided under the “Eligibility” section of this page.
- First download the Form-B from the link and fill all the required information and you need to submit the form to the Commissioner of Food safety department. The address is mentioned in the office locations & contacts section below.
- Please complete the application form and make sure you have all the documents that are listed under “Required Documents” section of this page.
- Pay the appropriate fees and submit the form to the Officer-In-Charge in the Food Safety department.
- Now the authorities will verify your application and validate the submitted documents.
- Authorities will inspect the facilities that are related to the Dairy Product Manufacturing and if they are satisfied with the standards followed the authorities will provide the franchise permission.
- The applicant will be later requested to collect the FSSAI license for the Dairy Product Manufacturing on a specified date.
- To Apply FSSAI license for Dairy Product Manufacturing, you can use the FOSCOS website. Please click the following link : FOSCOS Website
- After visiting the link, you have to click the “CLICK HERE FOR FOSCOS" tab.
- Click the “Login-Businesses” tab and Under User sign-in Box enter your user name, password and captcha code and Click on the “sign-in” button to login.
- If you are a new user, then Click on the Sign up tab and fill all the required details and enter the captcha code and Click on the “Sign up” tab.
- After that you will receive a mail and now the username and password will be activated for new users.
- After successful log-in , Click on the License/Registration and Select the Apply for License/Registration on the Left menu.
- Next select the state from the dropdown list box and read the Note.
- Next select Manufacturer tab and Click on the “Dairy units” tab in the list of options displayed, under that read the definition and Select the annual turnover and Click on the “Proceed” tab.
- On the next page, Click on the “Click here to apply State License for all Businesses”.
- Next Form-B page will be displayed, fill all the required information under premises details section and Click on the “Save & Next” tab.
- On the Production selection page, fill all the details for DGFT Authentication and Click on the “Proceed with DGFT validation” to authenticate the details.
- Next Click on the “Save” to save the authenticated details. After Successfully Proceeding with DGFT validation, Click on the “Save & Next”.
- Next fill all the Communication details and Click on the “Save & Next”.
- Under required documents section upload all the relevant documents and Click on the “Save & Next”.
- Next pay the fees and submit the application.
- After Successful Completing the payment, a receipt will be generated with a 17-digit reference number make a print of it and keep it safe for future reference.
- You can track the application through the Home page.
- This application will be processed by them and they will notify you through your e-mail or by SMS.
- ID proof
- Form B duly completed and signed
- Plan of the processing unit showing the dimensions and operation-wise area allocation
- List of Directors/ Partners/ Proprietor with address, contact details, and photo ID
- Name and list of equipment and machinery used with the number and installed capacity
- List of food category to be manufactured
- Authority letter from manufacturer nominated a responsible person name and address Proof of possession of premises
- NOC and copy of License from the manufacturer
- Copy of certificate obtained under Coop Act 1861/Multi state Coop Act 2002
- Food safety management system plan or certificate
- Layout plan
- Letter of District Milk Union regarding details of quantity of milk collected / purchased from your centre.
- List of equipment
- NOC from municipality
- Incorporation certificate
- List of directors/partners
- MOA and AOA
- Water test report
- One photo of the Food business Operater
- Source of raw material
- Identity Proof Documents such as Ration Card, Department Issued ID, PAN Card, Passport, Senior Citizen Card, Aadhaar Card, Driving License, Voter ID Card
- Analysis report (Chemical & Bacteriological) of water to be used as ingredient in food from a recognized/ public health laboratory to confirm the potable (mandatory only for manufacturing and processing units only)
- Source of milk or procurement plan for milk including location of milk collection centre
- Name and List of Equipments and Machinery along with the number, installed capacity and horse power used (mandatory for manufacturing and processing Units)
- Medical Certificates of Employees
- MOA( Memorandum of Association) of companies / Partnership deed if applicable
- Sanction layout plan
- Land (if not in Industrial area should be NA)
- List of machines with names which are used in manufacturing
- Additional documents(If any)
- Website.After visiting the website click on the Documents required option Located below in the State license category to know the Required Documents.
Office Locations & Contacts
Commissioner of Food Safety & Commissioner of Stamp & Inspector General of Registration,
Sheshadri Road, Bangalore-560001
Website: Commissioner Of Food safety Karnataka
- Those who run dairy product manufacturing company can apply.
- Must undergo all the Rules and maintain the standards of FSSAI.
- For Eligibility .After visiting the website click on the Eligibility option Located below in the State license category to know the eligibility.
- Click the following link to know the eligibility : More information
- Click on the following link for fees details : fees details
- License is Valid for 5 years.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
- It takes 30 days for processing the application.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
Please provide other instructions related to the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
- Name of the person.
- E-mail Id.
- Phone number.
- Pin code.
- Company Name.
- PAN number.
- Company Address.
Need for the Document
- To export and import the dairy products manufactured in the company.
- To distribute or sell the company products.
- To manufacture dairy products we need to obtain FSSAI license.
Information which might help
- You have to apply 30 days prior to the registration Expiry date.
- Carry all the necessary documents.
- Make a photocopy of your filled form for future reference.
- Sometimes the authorities will do inspections if you don’t have license then you must pay huge amount has penalty.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.