Kerala - Obtain Duplicate Registration Certificate
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
Note: If your RC is stolen or lost, you have to file a complaint and get FIR copy from police station. In case of damaged or torned RC, you don't have to make complaint. The damaged remains will be required to apply.
Apply In-Person for the duplicate RC for the one stolen / lost :
- As a first step please go to the local police station and file an FIR and bring a copy of it to the RTO office.
- Please follow our “Office Locations & Contacts” section of this page to get details of the RTO offices. Link for RTO contacts: Link for contact
- Application form can be downloaded using the following link: Registration
- Forms link from Vahan : Link for Vahan forms information
- Make sure you have completed application form26. Application forms can be obtained from the following link : Form 26
- You need to bring your vehicle for physical verification as required
- Also make sure you have all the necessary documents to process the application
- Application forms can also be obtained from the appropriate RTO offices that should be completed and presented with appropriate fees.
- Present the completed application forms along with documents in one of the counter and pay the appropriate fee where the officials would start processing your application.
- Authorities will inspect the vehicle – Chassis number particularly
- If the details and documents are in place then the authorities will process the application further
Apply In-Person to replace damaged RC :
- In this process the applicant has to bring the damaged or toned pieces of original RC to submit and don’t require police certificate (FIR) and follow the steps as mentioned above
Apply online through state portal :
- Please use the link : Vehicles
- Click Apply online next to Duplicate RC
- In the following screen please fill / select prompted details and hit “Go” to process your application online
Application status online :
- Please use the link : Online Click Vehicles under Application Status
- In the following screen please fill / select prompted details and hit “Search” to process your application online
- Application Form26 can be obtained from following link : Form26
- Police certificate (FIR – If applicable)
- Remains of certificate in case of torn / mutilated
- 2 Photographs of the applicant with vehicle clearly showing number plate
- Pollution under control certificate
- Copy of the Registered certificate (If you have one)
- Valid Insurance Certificate.
- Proof of address (any one of the following) : Ration Card / Electoral Roll / LIC Policy / Affidavit sworn by the applicant before an Executive or First Class Judicial
- Pencil traced “Chassis Number” is the primary detail for applying
- Aadhaar card
Office Locations & Contacts
List of all RTO Office Locations in Kerala
Transport Commissionerate, Motor Vehicles Department, Kerala
2nd Floor, Trans Tower, CV Raman Pillai Rd,
DPI, Vazhuthacaud, Thiruvananthapuram,
Phone: 0471 233 3317
Location in Map
Following link will get RTO Contact details: Link for RTO Contact Info
Owner of the vehicle.
- Fee related details are provided under the following link: Fees
- Fee related details provided under the Parivahan site by Ministry of Road Transport & Highways: Parivahan Fees Details
Validity of the RC remains same
Documents to Use
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
It takes 3 working days
Kerala - Obtain Duplicate Registration Certificate
Kerala - Online Obtain Duplicate Registration Certificate
Please provide instructions on obtaining the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
- All the vehicles need to be registered as per the Motor Vehicle Act, 1988. The vehicles are provided with unique registration number. Once the vehicle is registered, a certificate is issued to the owner. The registration certificate is used as a proof for authorized owner of the vehicle.
- If the Registration certificate is lost, stolen, damaged or misplaced then one need to apply for a duplicate registration certificate for Vehicle
- After one register his / her vehicle – He / She will receive a unique number to use it in number board
- When a bike owned by an individual sold to another person – the name transfer has to be made with the authorities concerned.
Information which might help
- One who wishes to sell his or her vehicle should make sure that the proper name transfer in RC is carried out
- FC (for clearance) is a process meant for reviewing the condition of the vehicle registered
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Duplicate Registration Certificate: Certificate
More information which might help people.