Kerala - Obtain Certificate for Relatives of Deceased Person
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- In order to apply for Certificate for Relatives of Deceased Person in Kerala, applicant has to go to the respective thasildhar office in whose jurisdiction the candidate usually resides. Link for the office details : link and link
- Submit the completed application obtained from authorities or download from the link: link
- Authorities after checking the attached documents and details submitted, will make entries and provide you record number for reference.
- The application will be verified by the Village Administrative Officer (VAO) and Revenue Inspector (RI).
- There will be a ground level verification and scrutiny of the documents and details provided. Proper investigation of the persons relationship with the deceased person will be made.
- Once the verification is over, these officials will submit their report to the Thasildhar.
- Thasildhar will decide to issue the Certificate for Relatives of Deceased Person to the applicant with the names of all legal heirs of the deceased.
- Applicant will get the certificate in 7 to 14 days after due verification
Apply through Akshaya
- Applicant must visit the nearest Akshaya center. Link for center: link
- Applicant shall obtain application form from the centre or download using the link : link
- Submit the completed application, document and applicable fees to the centre staff.
- Application submitted will be processed and receipt with application number will be issued.
- Application will be processed. SMS triggered update on application status will be sent to applicant mobile.
- Upon notification applicant shall meet the authorities in the respective office to process further and get the certificate.
- Please go to: link
- Applicant has to use the “New PortalUserCreation” option under portal user login to register by completing the following online registration prompts.
- As a registered user, please use the login details to login.
- In the given page, please select the certificates option from menu and select the respective option to enter the required information for application details(family member certificate). Upload supporting documents and Make payment and generate Acknowledgement (Receipt)
- This application will be processed by respective department.
- Upon notification, applicant shall meet the authorities to process further.
- After all verification and clarifications applicant will be issued with legal heir certificate.
- Application form.
- Death Certificate of the deceased.
- Affidavit copy giving details of surviving descendants of deceased person.
- Proof of residence.
- Aadhaar card.
- Voter ID.
- Ration card.
- Age proof.
- Passport size photographs.
Office Locations & Contacts
Municipal Corporation of Thiruvananthapuram,
Vikas Bhavan P.O.
Thiruvananthapuram - 695 033
Phone :- (0471) 2332085,
Fax :- 2336017
e-mail : email@example.com
Contact Link: link and link and link and link
Surviving family members of the deceased.
- Issuing authorities will advise about the fees or charges.
- For Akshaya service
- Rs.18/- (Akshaya service charge) + Rs.7 (Govt.Service charge) + Rs.3 per page for scanning /printing
- SC / ST families need to pay Rs 10 + Rs.2 per page for scanning /printing
- BPL families need to pay Rs 20
This certificate is valid for the life time.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
If your application is fair and complete, the processing time will be 7 to 14 days.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
You may get your "Certificate for Surviving Family Members of a Deceased Person" from the concerned Tehsildar in your area.
- Details of deceased person (i.e. name, age, address)
- Details of surviving members of deceased, their ages and relationship with the deceased.
- Purpose for which the certificate is required.
Need for the Document
Surviving family members of the deceased are often required to produce "Certificate for Relatives of Deceased Person" for the purpose of settlement of claims.
Information which might help
It is advisable to go to the Tehsildar's Office between 9:00am to 5:00pm.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Place some external links which might help.
More information which might help people.