Kerala - How to obtain electricity connection
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
Apply through Local Electricity Office
- Applicant should go to the Local Electricity office in-person to apply.
- Contact link to locate office:link (please use the respective address obtained to apply)
- Application Form can be collected from concerned Electricity office (Please pay for form as required)
- Submit the completed form along with documents to section engineer/assistant engineer.
- All the documents will be verified by the concerned authority. A receipt cum Quotation for Earnest Money will be issued.
- Pay the amount at the respective counter within 15 days of issuance of quotation.
- After the payment is made, authorized representative will inspect premises to ascertain the details as per application.
- If there is any deviation found, authorities will suggest action to follow.
- If all are satisfactory, authorities will issue a Quotation for Service Connection and Security Deposit.
- Authorities will also inspect the common space for proper illumination and proper ventilation which should be free from any hindrances for installing the required meter(s).
- Applicant has to pay the advised service Connection Charge & Security Deposit at the respective office counters.
- After the payment is made, connection will be provided as per schedule
- Please use the following link to reach the online portal for applying to get electricity connection in Kerala. link
- In the given page, please select Domestic Or Non Domestic tab for the requirement.
- Please select “Online Registration” option to create account by following the screen prompts.
- Now use the prompts in the sign in session and hit login to reach the next page.
- Here applicant has to enter details for address, document upload, payment for connection, Inspection details and submission of application to initiate the online process.
- Once the approval is sanctioned, user will get notification. Please take printout of the online application and other details. Meet the authority at the respective office and follow the guidelines to get the connection
- Link for forms.
- Photo ID proof of applicant (driving license/voter ID/Pan card/passport/ration card)
- NOC from issuing authority
- Land Paper
- Aadhaar Card
- Owner consent letter (in case of tenant applying)
- Work completion certificate
- Photograph of the applicant
- Proof of ownership Or occupation of a premises through any one of the documents (Rent Bill / Telephone Bill / *Municipal or any other Tax Bill / sale deed/agreement/Certificate from Panchayat)
- Sketch showing details of connected equipment's, marked in building plan.
- Letter of authorization, if applicable
- Consent from owner, if applicable
- Test Certificate of metering equipment, if consumer supplies the same.
- Certificate for claiming exemption from payment of cost for providing service connection, if applicable.
- Consents / Authorizations / Approvals wherever applicable.
- Service Connection Agreement, if applicable.
Office Locations & Contacts
Kerala State Electricity Board Ltd.,
Vydyuthi Bhavanam, Pattom,
Thiruvananthapuram - 695004, Kerala, INDIA.
Phone: +91 471 2446480, 2514468 ,+91 9446008179
Customer care: 1912, +91 471 2555544
Contacts link : link
- The owner of the proposed property for which the supply is required
- If the applicant is not the owner of the premises for which supply is required, then he or she should produce a consent letter from the owner of the premise
- If the owner is not available or not intended to give consent letter, then the applicant should provide…
- proof of his/her being in lawful occupation of the premises
- execute an indemnity bond in Form 6
- acceptance to pay security deposit twice the normal rate.
- Charge differs with requirement. So, authorities estimate will give actual figure for getting connection
- Electricity connection will exists till the premises exists.
Documents to Use
Application forms that can be used for applying connections : Form
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Processing time varies from 30 / 60/ 90 / 150 / 180 / 270 days
Kerala - Online How to obtain electricity connection
Kerala - How to obtain electricity connection
- Electricity in Kerala is administered by the Kerala State Electricity Board.
- If an electricity line passes within 200m of your residence, you will get consent for wiring the residence.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or County of Birth.
Need for the Document
This procedure explains the steps and procedure that are involved in obtaining a electricity connection in Kerala.
Information which might help
Enter other informations which might help
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Place some external links which might help
More information which might help people.