Kerala - How to Pay Property Tax
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Municipalities in Kerala are responsible for collecting Property tax.
- Property tax can be paid both Online as well as offline method
- The Kerala Property tax (Land / Building tax) is calculated and collected semi-annually as per assessment
- Property Tax is calculated as per plinth area calculation and charges vary with – Panchayath / Municipality / Corporation area.
- Authorities shall provide more details. Please use the link for more details : Property Tax details
- In order to pay property tax through the online portal in Kerala, please use this link: Online portal link
- In the given page, please select “Citizen Login” option to go to the online service page.
- Please select “Property tax (Payment for Reg Users)“ option to reach next page to login.
- If already a registered user, please login. Otherwise, create login id using new user registration option and fill the prompted details to create user id. Once logged in.
- The new page will have options to choose for different needs like enrol a building, Manage building list, online payment under Property tax option.
- Please select as per the requirement.
- Now we will select Manage Building List option to get a list of building enrolled.
- If the details are appropriate, then please hit online payment option as provided on the left hand side.
- The resulting screen gives list with pay now option. Please hit Pay now option to reach a new page with the details of property, property owner and relevant information about property and amount to pay.
- Here please hit “Pay Now” to make payment using payment gateway.
- Payment gateway page will prompt user to select options( Credit / Debit / Net Banking) to make online payment.
- The resulting screen will display Transaction Details. Please keep it for future reference.
- After successful payment you get confirmation message and online payment receipt on your registered mobile number and E- mail.
- Property tax should be paid at the respective municipal offices concerned for your area.
- To make payment of property tax in the respective municipal office. Please use this link for municipal office address: Contacts Link1 And Contact Link2 AND Contact Link3
- Submit the Building Id along with required documents to the concerned authority.
- As authorities verify the details and advise about the payment to make.
- Please use the respective challan to remit the fee in the fee counter, the applicant receives a receipt from the officials for the fees remitted. This receipt can be used as a proof for paying property tax.
Please use the following link for paying property tax online as listed in our page. This same online portal will be of use to make property tax in rest of the places:
- Alappuzha Online portal link
- Chalakkudy Online portal link
- Changanassery Online portal link
- Cherthala Online portal link
- Kanhangad Online portal link
- Kannur Online portal link
- Kasargod Online portal link
- Kayankulam Online portal link
- Kochi Online portal link
- Kollam Online portal link
- Kothamangalam Online portal link
- Kottayam Online portal link
- Kozhikode Online portal link
- Malappuram Online portal link
- Ottappalam Online portal link
- Palakkad Online portal link
- Thiruvananthapuram Online portal link
- Thrissur Online portal link
- You will require the following details….
- Building ID ( Unique number for the said property )
- Owner Name
- Address of the property
- Building ID ( Unique number for the said property )
- Aadhaar card
Office Locations & Contacts
Municipal Corporation of Thiruvananthapuram,
Vikas Bhavan P.O.
Thiruvananthapuram - 695 033
Phone :- (0471) 2332085,
Fax :- 2336017
e-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Link: Contacts Link1 And Contact Link2 AND Contact Link3
- You should be an Indian citizen and of age 18 years.
- Should own land or property in your name
- The property tax amount is calculated based on the residential area. So, it varies from one property type to other.
- Property tax for a building is calculated based on
- Basement area
- The rate prevalent in the street where the property is located
- Usage of the building (residential or non-residential access)
- Type of occupancy (owner or tenant)
- The total span of the building’s existence.
- Basement area
The property tax paid is valid for one year. Every year, you should renew it. (In certain place the tax will be collected for six months too)
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Payment of tax will be completed as and when it is paid to the respective department.
Kerala - Online Pay Property Tax
Kerala- Pay Property Tax
- You can pay property tax in person and online
- You should have valid property tax particulars
The property tax particular is required to pay the property tax.
Need for the Document
- Land owners / Property owners are subjected to pay certain amount to the concerned local government or to the municipal corporation of the concerned area are called as property tax.
- Property tax or 'house tax' is a local tax imposed on owners of an apartment, land and building by the Government. The governing authority of the jurisdiction levies the tax to the owner in which the property is located.
- Property tax clearance is required for most of other service like Water, Sanitary, Electricity connection etc.
- Owners of residential properties are liable to pay property tax to respective department on a specified period of time and has to be paid regularly (period can be 6 months or one year in respect to the state).
- Tax Exemption is applicable for selected citizens / organizations (Educational Institutions, Charitable institutions, Ex-serviceman / In-service man, retired pensioners association, NGO Homes/Teachers Association Buildings) as applicable.
Information which might help
- All residential and commercial (non-residential) properties are assessed for tax.
- The information about all the new constructions, existing construction and improvements to the property must be provided to the respective Department of the state to make necessary changes to tax assessment.
- Note: There will be strict action against the defaulters. It is advisable to pay the tax on time to avoid such situations.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
This document is used to verify if you have any dues before you apply for another property.
Place some external links which might help
More information which might help people.