Kerala - Get a Population Certificate
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Population certificate is a certificate to know the population in the area where an applicant intends to start a business.
- The Revenue Department of the respective State is the concerned department for the issuance of the Population Certificate.
- To apply, the applicant has to approach the nearest Municipal or Revenue or Block Development or Circle office.
- Link for contact details: Panchayat please use the excel sheet hyperlink against your state for contact details AND link1 AND link2 Please select respective district tab to reach respective district portal. Here select “DEPARTMENTS > Local Self Government” or “ABOUT DISTRICT > ADMINISTRATIVE SETUP > Wards and Panchayats” OR “DIRECTORY > PUBLICUTILITIES > Municipalities” as appropriate for the contact details.
- Go to the respective office. Consult with the designated authority about the applying procedure and Collect the application form or write on a plain A4 sheet as advised.
- Complete the application form with mandatory details. Attach the entire required document as per our “Required Documents” section. Make a photo copy of your application set and submit the application set along with photocopy set to the counter of the designated receiving authority.
- After receiving the application, the counter authorities will check the submitted application and document set. If all are in place the application will be accepted with applicable fees as appropriate.
- Do not forget to get an official ‘acknowledgement of receipt’ in your photocopy set from the receiving authority and retain this document for future reference while following up this matter.
- Authorities will make entries about this application in the manual record or electronically using computer.
- An acknowledgement receipt will be given against application received. Please collect it and save it for future reference.
- Applicant will be informed of the probable date of getting this certificate.
- This application will be processed further. After processing the certificate will be generated in the certificate format.
- Concerned sanctioning authority will sign and seal the certificate after proper checking.
- The status, viz. Approval will be conveyed to the applicant through an SMS.
- The certificate will be hand delivered or sent through post to the address mentioned while applying or issued as per applicable norms.
- Applicant has to bring original documents while applying for verification and also for scanning purpose as per requirement.
- Without cross signature on photograph and signature on undertaking the application will be rejected
- Application Form
- Letter requesting issue of Population Certificate
- Applicant’s Residence proof (Ration card / Passport / Aadhaar card / Driving licence)
- Applicant’s Identity proof (Ration card / Passport / Aadhaar card / Driving licence)
- Ration card
- Residence certificate
- Attested copy of birth certificate
- Aadhaar card
- Note: Apart from the above documents authorities may ask for additional information or documents. Please provide them for processing.
Advertise On This Page
Office Locations & Contacts
Department of revenue,
Room No. 140
2nd Floor,North Block,
Tel: 0471- 2333670/2327068
Fax: 0471- 2333350
Mob : 9447672200
Contact Link: Link
Registrar General and Census Commissioner, India,
NDCC-II Bldg, Jai Singh Road, New Delhi -110001.
Phone: +91-11-23438284, 23438120
Fax No: +91-11-23438121
E-mail ID: [email protected]
Contact link: link
- The citizen who needs the Population Certificate should be a permanent resident of the respective state while applying.
- An Indian citizen who has attained the age of 18 years or more is eligible to apply.
- Those who are applying for PMEGP(Prime Minister's Employment Generation Programme) loan are eligible to apply for this certificate.
Please pay the application fees or charges as applicable at the time of applying as per authority’s advice.
Valid up to a period as specified on the certificate.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
It takes nearly 7 days to 15 days for the issue of this certificate.
Advertise On This Page
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.gIn the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
- Do not submit fake documents as a proof to obtain this certificate.
- Incomplete application will be rejected.
- Avoid spelling mistakes while filling the application form.
- Name of the applicant.
- Father / Husband name
- Applicant address
- Date of Birth
- Marital status
- Copy of 2 recent passport size photographs
- Name of the village
- Year for which the details are required
- Ward or Block name
- Phone number
Need for the Document
- Population Certificate is mandatory to apply for business loans with respect to any area. This certificate gives clear picture of the total population for the area under which the candidate proposes for an industry or business.
- Population Certificate is a very important and mandatory document for applying PMEGP(Prime Minister's Employment Generation Programme) loan. Without this document, you cannot complete the PMEGP application.
Information which might help
- Once you receive your Population certificate please scan it and keep it safe in digital format.
- In this pandemic time it is advisable to use our contact information links for the respective office and Call them and find out the office timings and availability of concerned official before reaching the office physically.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Place some external links which might help.
More information which might help people