Kerala - Get Permit or License for Bio-Medical Waste Treatment and Disposal Facilities
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- For getting permit for Bio-Medical Waste Treatment and Disposal facilities in person, the person representing the concerned facility, the person representing the concerned Industry has to visit the Regional office of the Kerala State Pollution Control Board.
- Please click on the following link to get the contact details: Link
- Visit the Regional Office and get the Application form or refer the “Documents to use” section of this page. Also, application form can be found in the page number 29 of the following document: Link
- Please fill the application with essential information and details. Since you want authorization for a Bio-medical Waste Treatment and Disposal Facility, fill the application form according to that. Then attest it with your signature.
- Make sure that you have all the documents that are listed in “Required Documents” section of this page. Attach all the important documents mentioned.
- Then, it should be submitted to the District Environmental Engineer who will further put the application and attached documents into scrutiny to check if there is any deficiency.
- If anything found, it will be returned to the industry. The industry is supposed to resubmit the application or provide proper clarification for the deficiency.
- The corrected complete application is now sent to the Inspection of Site and examined by the concerned official.
- If the inspection finds any incorrect information, the DEE shall return the application and obtain the correct information.
- Once when all the furnished information is found sufficient by the Engineer concerned, the Inspection Report shall be submitted.
- After further processes, the hard copy of the signed Authorization order shall be despatched within a day of approval, to the proponent.
- For getting permit for Bio-Medical Waste Treatment and Disposal facilities, you have to visit the OCMMS module in KSPCB website using the following link: Link
- If you already have an Industry registration, login using your User ID and Password. Else, make a new registration by clicking on “New Industry Registration” button in the “User Login” tab.
- Select “BMW Establishment” radio button. Fill all the fields asked in both the “Industry Details” and “Occupier Details” and click on “Save” button. Your “User ID” and an one time “Password” will be provided which can be changed later.
- Registration details will appear, click on “Print” option and save the details for later use. Or the details will be displayed on the top of the screen, note it down.
- Then, click “Home” tab at the left side of the page to login. Click on “Industry login” radio button and login using the Username and Password. After logging in, you will have to change the existing password with a new one and then log in again using the Username and changed password.
- In the homepage, click on “Waste Management” tab at the top of the page. Then, click on “Apply Authorization” tab at the left side of the page and then select “Bio-Medical Waste” option in the drop-down menu that appears. Application module with required tabs will open.
- Specify that you want authorisation for Bio-medical Waste Treatment and Disposal Facility and fill the application according to that.
- After filling each tab, you will be asked a question whether to save the application as “Completed” or “In Progress”. Select “In Progress” and Click “Save” button, so that the details can be saved and used for filling application in future.
- Now, “Documents” tab will be opened. Click “Upload” button to upload the necessary documents by clicking on “Choose File” button. Once all the documents are attached, click “Save“ button and proceed.
- If any additional document needs to be added, it can be added in the next page by entering the name of the document in the field provided and clicking “Choose File” button, then “Save” button.
- After completing this, click on “Exit” button. Finally, click on “Complete” button and the “Save” button, so that the application is completed and submitted successfully.
- After successful submission of the application, it will be taken to the glance of District Environmental Engineer (DEE) for verification and further processes. If the DEE finds any mistake in the application or documents attached, it will be returned to the industry and the industry can find it in the “Completed Application” tab in the OCMMS module.
- And if the authorization has been sanctioned, the User can view and download the certificate by clicking on “View Authorization Certificate”.
- Letter of Requisition
- Raw materials list and their Quality details
- Products list and their Quality details
- Manufacturing process flow description
- Treatment, storage and disposal facility agreement copy
- Recent copy of Consent order or Renewal
Office Locations & Contacts
Kerala State Pollution Control Board,
Thiruvananthapuram – 695004.
- Occupier should apply for the Authorization only after obtaining the valid Consent/Renewal of consent order.
- The occupier should be capable of providing suitable and safe premises with proper ventilation and isolated storage location for segregated biomedical waste.
- The proponent should be aware of the act amended on the management of Bio-Medical Wastes. To download, click here: Link
Please approach concerned department authorities for fees details.
As per the provisions of the Rules, the validity of the Bio-medical Waste Authorization for the bedded HCF(Hospital) and Operator of common Facility will be synchronized with the validity of the consents for the HCF(Hospital) or Common Facility.
Documents to Use
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
It takes up to 90 days for the processing of Bio-Medical waste authorization after receiving the application completely in all respects.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
- It has to be ensured that applicants should not have submitted applications (either Consent or HWA or BWA) using more than one User Id for the industry location.
- The occupier shall pre-treat the laboratory waste, microbiological waste, blood samples and blood bags through disinfection or sterilisation on-site in the manner as prescribed by the World Health Organisation (WHO) or National AIDs Control Organisation (NACO) guidelines and then sent to the common bio-medical waste treatment facility for final disposal.
- The occupier shall phase out use of chlorinated plastic bags, gloves and blood bags within two years from the date of notification of these rules.
- Address of the Industry
- Address of the Occupier
- Date of Industry Commissioning
- Revenue details of the industry
- Occupier’s Email id and mobile number
Need for the Document
Every occupier or operator handling bio-medical waste, irrespective of quantity, is required to obtain Authorisation.
Information which might help
- The operator shall take all necessary steps to ensure that the bio-medical waste collected from the occupier is transported, handled, stored, treated and disposed of, without any adverse effect to the human health and the environment, in accordance with these rules and guidelines issued by the Central Government or, as the case may be, the central pollution control board from time to time.
- The operator shall establish bar coding and global positioning system for handling of bio- medical waste within one year.
- The operator of the common bio-medical waste treatment facility shall ensure collection of biomedical waste on holidays also.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Place some external links which might help.
More information which might help people.