Kerala - Get Concession in Train Tickets
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- To get concession in train tickets, the passenger has to directly visit the nearest Railway Station. District wise Railway Stations: Kerala
- On reaching the railway station, approach the Ticket Counter and Procure the reservation form.
- Fill all the passenger details in the form such as Name, age, gender and berth preference.
- In case of senior citizen, write “Yes” in the space given on upper right corner of the form to avail concession.
- For other type of concession, on submitting the form, request for Concession under your preferred category.
- Provide the Identity card and other documents as mentioned under “Required Documents” section according to the concession category.
- Provide the required payment for the ticket.
- You will receive the Train Ticket with a unique PNR number.
- While travelling, make sure to carry your Identity card (Refer “Required Documents” section for further details) issued by the authority board for your category along with your Id proof for onboard verifications.
- To book train tickets online with concession, visit the link: IRCTC Portal
- If you’re a new user, click on “Register” on top of the page. Enter all the required details and click on Register.
- Click on Login and enter your valid credentials.
- Proceed by entering the journey details and select the type of concession. Divyaang, Journalists and Senior Citizen concession are the category of concessions available for online booking.
- In the new pop-up window, click on “OK” to confirm the booking condition.
- Now select the train and click on “Check Availability and Fare” to know further details and then click “Book Now” to continue to next page.
- Enter all the required details such as name, age and type of concession and click on “Continue Booking”.
- Now select the preferred payment gateway and pay the ticket fare.
- The page will display the confirmation message and you will receive the ticket details through sms and email.
- Take a print out of the ticket if required and carry your Identity card (Refer “Required Documents” section for further details) issued by the authority board for your category along with your Id proof for onboard verifications.
- Copy of Identity card subject to the category of concession
- Concession certificate for categories such as Divyaang and patients
- Any Id proof from the following:
- Aadhar card
- Voter photo identity card
- Driving License
- Pan Card
- The central/state government issued Photo Identity card
- Nationalized Bank Pass Book with photographs
- Credit Cards with laminated photograph
- Photo identity cards having serial number
- Student Identity Card with photograph
In the given link, scroll to “Rail Travel Concessions available to various categories of Passengers” Tabular column to view the type of Identity card required for each type of concession: Required Documents
Advertise On This Page
Office Locations & Contacts
Passengers under the following categories are eligible for concession:
- Disabled passengers
- Senior Citizens
- War Widows
- Artists and Sportspersons
- Medical Professionals
- Others (Conference, Camps, Tours etc)
- Izzat MST
Refer the link for further details: Eligibility
Refer to the link for details on admissible concession: Category wise concession
The concessional ticket’s validity is subject to the date and place of journey.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
This service could be immediately availed on reaching the Station Counter.
Advertise On This Page
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
- Please scroll down to read through the General rules given in the link before booking your ticket: Concession Rules
- Senior Citizen Concession: FAQ
- Date of Birth
- Place of journey
- Date of journey
Need for the Document
Passengers who are eligible under any category of concession can buy train tickets at lower price compared to the standard rates.
Information which might help
- Concession shall be admissible only in respect of basic fares. No concession is admissible in respect of other charges, viz. superfast surcharge, reservation fee, etc.
- However, in cases where concession has been allowed in Rajdhani/Shatabdi/Jan Shatabdi trains, the concession shall be admissible in the total charges (including catering) of these trains.
- Passengers are allowed to apply for only one type of concession.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
More information which might help people.