Kerala - Get Castration of Livestock
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
Castration is a minor surgical procedure to remove testicles of the male animals. It is carried out on animals which are not wanted for breeding.
- Please consult your local Veterinary Dispensary/Hospital from the Department of Animal Husbandry and veterinary in your area.
- Please use the following link to get the respective veterinary dispensary contact information: link1 AND link2 for respective state contact link.
- After consulting, the owner can bring the animal to the clinic on the scheduled date.
- Clinic staff will examine the health condition of the animal.
- Blood test will be done on the day of the operation or a few days earlier.
- The animal will be weighed to help calculate the dosages of drugs to be used for anaesthesia.
- Clinic staff will ask the owner to read and to sign a consent form for the procedure. Please mention the phone number while signing.
- Clinic staff will prepare the animal by giving anaesthesia.
- Castration will be performed by the doctor.
- Post procedure the animal will be observed closely.
- After doctors advice animal shall be discharged.
- Veterinary clinic staff will record the details and take the signature of the animal owner for record purpose.
- Please follow doctor advice in taking care of the post-surgery treatment.
- Consent form
- Residential Proof of the owner (Residential Certificate issued by Local administration office/ Aadhaar card / Passport / Driving Licence / Ration Card / Govt. ID card / Defence ID Card / PAN Car)
- Aadhaar card
- Blood test report of the animal if blood test is already done.
- Note: Apart from the above documents authorities may ask to submit additional information or documents. Please provide them for processing.
Advertise On This Page
Office Locations & Contacts
Directorate of Animal Husbandry,
VikasBhavan, Thiruvananthapuram 695033
email : [email protected]
Contact Link:Contact Link1 AND link2 for respective state contact link.
The best time to castrate animals is when they are very young.
Registration charges as appropriate need to be paid by the animal owners at the time of registration.
The completion of surgery/procedure doesn’t warrant any validity.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
It is a one-day process with prior appointment.
Advertise On This Page
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
- Watch the animal closely for about 10 days after castration.
- If swelling and pain are severe and/or if the animal develops fever, a suitable antibiotic should be injected as per doctor advice.
- Name of the applicant
- Father Name
- Address of the applicant
- Mobile Number
- Details of animal including Sex, Age etc.
- Age if the animal
- Colour and Identification mark.
Need for the Document
- When poor males are allowed to mate with the females and the young stock produced is not very good so, it is advisable to castrate the animal.
- Un-castrated males also fight, so it is better to castrate the animals which are not the best for breeding.
Information which might help
If your area clinic doesn’t have enough infrastructures to carry out this treatment, then it is advised to go for the nearby dispensary for this treatment.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Place some external links which might help.
More information which might help people.