Kerala - Delete or Remove Name from Voter List or Electoral Roll
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- If a voter dies or a voter ID holder shifts to a new address (In the same constituency or different constituency), then the voter registration should be cancelled.
- In order to delete the name from the voter's list, applicant or kin of deceased shall reach nearest Electoral Registration Office to apply.
- Go to the office.
- Link for contacts: link select the option appropriate for you to get contact details AND link2 for locating offices Please select the state and rest of the details as appropriate and click Search button.
- Please collect a copy of “Form-7”, for deletion of name from voter’s list OR you can download it online
- Use the following link to download the form. Online link for “Form-7” (Hindi / English): link please click “Download this file” button to get prompt. Please click the “Download” button next to the preferred language to get the form.
- The form has all the necessary guidelines for filling it in. Complete the application form with correct details. Attach required documents as per our required document section. Submit them to the receiving officer.
- On receiving the application, an acknowledgement will be issued in the form of an application reference number, which can be used to track the application status.
- This application will be processed internally to make necessary changes as per department protocol.
- The details will be removed from the voter list accordingly.
Apply through Online Portal - Delete or Remove Name from Voter List or Electoral Roll Online with Images
- Go to the online website. Link for site: link
- In the given new window, click “login/register” button under “Login/Register to Avail following Facilities” on the left part of the screen.
- User will reach login page. Please enter “User Name”, “Password” and “captcha” as appropriate and click “Login” button.
- If you are a new user then user please use the “Don’t have account, register…..” option to reach registration page. Complete the page prompts as appropriate and click “Register” button to register and then login.
- Once login, in the given page click “Deletion of Enrolment(Self/Family)” option under “What would you like to do?”.
- A new page prompts user to choose either “Self” or “Family”. Please choose as per requirement.
- Please select “Family” option to get prompt for entering Epic number. Enter the epic number against “Enter Epic no.” and click “Next” button.
- A new page will be displayed. Please select the language of choice and choose state and constituency.
- Please enter the Part number and Serial number at the prompted space. Please complete the other prompts as appropriate. Please enter email ID, Phone number and other details as applicable. Fill the mandatory details correctly.
- Enter the captcha at the prompted space and click “Preview & Submit” button to preview the application before submission.
- If the preview looks correct please click the “Submit” button to submit the application online.
- A system generated reference id will be displayed as acknowledgement.
- Save this id safe for future reference to check the status.
- This application will be processed by the department to make necessary changes.
- It is the responsibility of the kin to notify election commission for removal of the deceased voter name from the voter list.
- These change will reflect on the voters list in the next turn of voting for election.
- Application form in “FORM 7”.
- Death certificate of the deceased.
- Copy of Voter ID
- Aadhaar card of the applicant
- Ration card if required
Advertise On This Page
Office Locations & Contacts
Election Department, Kerala Legislative Complex
Vikas Bhavan P.O.
Thiruvananthapuram - 695 033
Toll Free Number : 1800-425-1965
ph: 0471 2300121, 0471 2307168
Email : [email protected]
Fax : 0471 2300097
Link for important contacts: link and link
BLO Office details: link
- Kin of the deceased can apply
- Valid voter ID card holder who shifted to a new address shall apply.
- Please pay as authorities quote.
Once the removal of name from voter list is accomplished the procedure is completed thus the name of the deceased voter is removed from the voter list.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
- Once the application is accepted, department will process the application to reflect the changes in the voter list.
Advertise On This Page
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
- Kin of the deceased voter shall apply with election registration office.
- Name of the deceased
- Kin/Applicant name
- Mobile number
- email ID
- Voter ID number
Need for the Document
- Deletion or removal of name from the voter list of the deceased should be applied by the kin to make respective update in the voter list.
Information which might help
- A person cannot be enrolled as a voter in more than one place in the same constituency or in more than one constituency in view of the provisions contained under Sec. 17 and 18 of R. P. Act, 1950.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Place some external links which might help.
More information which might help people.