Kerala - Correct or Update a Birth Certificate
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Applicant shall approach the Gram Panchayats, Municipalities and Corporations from where the certificate was obtained.
- Link for contact. link and link
- Obtain 'Birth Certificate Update/correction Form' from the respective counter or write in a paper to apply.
- Please complete the application form and attach the required documents and submit it to the receiving authority
- The accepted application and documents will be verified by the authority and a acknowledgement will be provided for applying.
- Collect the acknowledgment slip after submitting the form and keep it safe for future reference.
- This application will be processed further by the respective department.
- Once the process is over, applicant gets notification to collect the certificate.
- Use the acknowledgment slip to obtain certificate from the office as per notified period.
- Note: This changes will be published in a local newspaper and with the respective state official Gazette publication.
- Application form
- Valid birth certificate
- Affidavit from local notary
- Affidavit on a non-judicial stamp paper of minimal about the reason of name change.
- Address proof (Voter ID, Driving License etc.) of parents as per requirement
- Aadhaar card
- Aadhaar Card of Parents as per requirement
- Name of the Parent
- Date of birth of the child
- Location of residence
Office Locations & Contacts
Municipal Corporation of Thiruvananthapuram,
Vikas Bhavan P.O.
Thiruvananthapuram - 695 033
Phone :- (0471) 2332085,
Fax :- 2336017
e-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Link: link and link and link
Applicant with valid birth certificate
- As quoted by authorities
Birth certificate is Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
Following are the required information to apply for the birth certificate
- Date of birth
- Name of applicant
- Name of the father
- Name of the mother
- Place of birth
- birth certificate details.
Need for the Document
- Birth Certificate is a vital document at various stages in life to prove Age, Nationality and is must while applying for Passport, Education, Health purpose and Employment
- Those who have a birth certificate and changed their name will have to change or correct their birth certificate
- A Birth Certificate is the most important identity document that makes it possible for anyone in possession of it to benefit from a gamut of services offered by the Indian Government to its citizens.
Information which might help
In order to get Indian citizenship for a child born to Indian parent(s) in a foreign country, the birth of the child is to be registered at the nearest Indian Embassy/Consulate and thereafter (or at the same time) the parents can apply for issue of an Indian passport for the child. For more information, kindly contact Indian Embassy/Consulate in your jurisdiction or visit their website.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Place some external links which might help.
More information which might help people.