Kerala - Correct Or Update Secondary Education Mark Sheet
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- To correct Or update SSLC/Secondary Education Mark Sheet, applicant shall approach their respective state education board - “KERALA BOARD OF PUBLIC EXAMINATIONS”
- Candidates shall apply to correct or update their mark sheet in case of Incorrect as recorded to be corrected as
- Student’s Name
- Mother’s Name
- Father’s Name
- Any Others (correction of – SC/ST/OBC/GEN, Date of Birth, Gender, Roll No. and Passing year of respective examination and Home Address of the student)
Apply In-Person through School
- Applicant is advised to reach their respective institution from where they appeared for the examination.
- Please collect the application form from the respective office as advised by the institution or write on A4 sheet as advised.
- Application should be in the prescribed form. Application form should be filled in by the applicant only.
- Submit your application along with required documents as per our “Required Documents” section in two sets. Make sure that you are submitting gazetted officer attested Xerox copies.
- The Head Master / Head Mistress / Head of Institution of the concerned school will sign & seal the application. This will be sent to the concerned state education board by the school.
- Signed Xerox copy will be returned to applicant for further reference.
- This submitted application will be processed by the respective department. The application will be scrutinized and document will be prepared.
- The delivery of document to applicant shall be through postal if it was mentioned by applicant as postal delivery while applying. In case of postal delivery, current postal charge (Registration) shall be paid separately in the prescribed manner.
- If the delivery mode was in person, applicant gets information to collect the certificate. With the letter received from the state education board, candidate should approach the office of the state education board and receive the certificate or send a person with authorisation to collect on behalf.
Direct Private Candidates
- For those who wrote SSLC examination directly (Private candidates)
- The transfer certificate obtained from the school where the candidate studied last should be enclosed along with the application.
- The application should be endorsed and certified by the Head of Institution where last studied.
- The application should be forwarded to the respective office directly with all the documents.
- All the Xerox copies of the documents are to be attested by the gazetted officer.
- The application should be submitted through the concerned head of the Institution for regular applicants.
- Incomplete application form and without required fees, documents shall not be entertained.
- For name correction other than spelling mistake, please consult the concerned Authorities.
- Application form
- Affidavit on prescribed stamp paper.
- Applicants passport size photograph
- Self declaration
- Aadhaar Card
- Mark sheet
- Attested copy of the TC.
- An affidavit sworn before a 1st Class Magistrate by the student/parents/guardians indicating the reasons for the error committed.
- A letter from the head of the institution for the error committed by the institution.
- Admission Card, Marks Sheet and Certificate of SSLC/Secondary Examination - attested Xerox copy each.
- Original Admit Card/Mark-sheet/Certificate has to be produced along with one attested Xerox copy each.
- In case of correction required for SC/ST/OBC/GEN, Date of Birth, Gender then Registration Certificate issued by the Council, Domicile and ST/SC/OBC/GEN certificate issued by the concerned authority are to be submitted in addition to above.
- A Residential Certificate/Legal Wife Certificate issued by the concerned Deputy Commissioner (only for mother’s name correction in case such name was not reflected in the certificate of SSLC Examination).
- Correction fee challan as applicable
- Self-addressed envelope with applicable stamp (Please write the full address of the applicant for delivery of certificate)
Advertise On This Page
Office Locations & Contacts
Directorate Of Secondary Education,
Office Of Government Examinations
Poojapura , Thiruvananthapuram ,Kerala-695012
Phone Enquiry – 0471-2546806
Phone ITCell -0471-2546832
Link for contact information: Contacts link
Students who have completed their SSLC and obtained original mark sheet but they have some corrections in the mark sheet are eligible to apply.
Please pay as authorities quote.
Corrected certificate is valid for ever.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Advertise On This Page
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
- Please provide gazetted officers attested Xerox copies.
- Application form filled in wrongly will be rejected without any reference to the applicant.
- Challan Number
- Declaration by the candidates separately
- The application with all its enclosures should be submitted to this office through the Headmaster/Headmistress/head of institution/school where applicant studied to the District Educational officer concerned.
- Name of the applicant
- Address of the applicant
- Father's Name
- Date of Birth
- School where the applicant last studied
- Serial number of the original mark list
- No. of times the applicant appeared for the SSLC public examinations with the month and year of the examination and the register Number assigned to each appearance.
Need for the Document
- The SSLC/Secondary certificate is obtained by a student on successful completion of an examination at the end of study at the SSLC/Secondary schooling level.
- This mark sheet is essential to apply for higher studies. So, in case of error in the details pertaining to the candidate it need to be corrected by applying as stated in this procedure.
Information which might help
- Don’t handover cash to any individual
- Don’t try with forged documents to get corrections as it is a punishable offense.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Place some external links which might help.
More information which might help people.