Kerala - Complaint Interruption or Failure in Power (Electricity) Supply
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- To lodge a complaint against interruption or failure in electricity supply, a complaint shall be lodged at the Fuse off call centre of the particular area, or any centralised complaint centre of the Licensee.
- Refer to the ‘Office Locations & Contacts’ section for contacts and address information.
- The licensee needs to provide few details like name, address, consumer number, and brief description of the complaint.
- The complaint can be lodged either in writing or over telephone.
- The operator on duty at the FOC centre will register the complaint and intimate a complaint number and restore power supply within the designated time period mentioned in the ‘Processing time’ section of this procedure.
- In the case of non-response or inadequate response by the Fuse off Call Centre / centralized complaint centre, the licensee may lodge complaint with the Section Officer in charge of the area.
- The complaint to the Section Officer should be made either in writing or by telephone.
- Section Officer should register the complaint and intimate the complaint No. in every case.
- The Section Officer should ensure rectification of the fault within the time stipulated above.
- In case of major failure involving transformers or 11 kV feeders including the terminal equipment or both, it should also be rectified within the period specified.
- In case the complaint is not rectified within the stipulated period, a complaint can be made to the Assistant Divisional Engineer (ADE) of the area in the format at Annexure-I.
- ADE shall acknowledge the complaint and take immediate action to restore the supply the same day.
- In case the complaint is not resolved within a day by the ADE, the consumer can complain to the officer of next higher level i.e., the Divisional Engineer/Operation (DE/O) (head of electricity supply division) who shall not only arrange for immediate restoration but also investigate into the delays caused in attending to the complaint.
No documents required to submit.
Advertise On This Page
Office Locations & Contacts
Kerala State Electricity Board Ltd.,
PIN - 695004,
Contact link: Link
Provide eligibility criteria's for going through this procedure.
Rs.25 for each six hours (or part thereof) of delay in restoration of supply subject to a maximum of Rs.500 for LT connection and Rs. 50 for each six hours (or part thereof) of delay in restoration of supply subject to a maximum of Rs.1,000 for LT connection.
Explain the time until which the certificate/document is valid. e.g. Birth Certificate Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
a. Fuse off Calls:
(i) Replacement of fuses
Cities & Towns - 4 working hours
Rural Areas - 12 working hours
(ii) Line Breakdowns
Cities & Towns - 6 hours
Rural Areas - 24 hours
b. Street Lights:
Rectification of line fault - 24 hours
Replacement of fused or - 7 days
c. Replacement of failed Distribution Trs.
In cities and in towns - 24 hours
In Rural areas - 48 hours
Advertise On This Page
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
Please provide other instructions related to the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
- First Name
- Middle Name
- Last Name
- Contact type
- Contact No.
- Email ID
- Address Line & 2
- Complaint Type
- Nature of Complaint
- Complaint Description
Need for the Document
Filing the complaint in case of interruption of electricity supply will restore the supply immediately within the stipulated time period.
Information which might help
Enter other information which might help.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Place some external links which might help.
More information which might help people.