Kerala - Change or Update Address or information in Vehicle Registration Certificate (RC)
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- To apply for a change of address in vehicle registration certificate in Kerala the applicant has to approach the RTO office to which your area belongs to.
- Please follow our “Office Locations & Contacts” section of this page to get details of the RTO offices.
- Forms link from Vahan : Application Form
- Complete the application by filling up the application form 33A. Form- Link to download : Application Form
- Application forms can also be obtained from the appropriate RTO offices.
- Please make sure you have all the documents that are listed down the “Required Document” section of this page.
- Submit the filled up form at the right counter along with the required documents and pay the appropriate fees.
- The officer at the counter will start processing your application.
- Physical verification of vehicle for chassis number will be carried. After verifying the submitted documents, officials will make the changes respectively.
- Once the verification is carried out and changes are made successfully, change of address will be made on the RC.
- To apply online navigate to the link: Link
- If a new user, Register to the website using the Register button, or else login using your valid credentials.
- After successful login, click on "Online Services" and select "Vehicle Related Services".
- Enter your Registration Number; Chassis Number and Click on Generate OTP.
- OTP will be received on the registered mobile number. Enter the OTP and Click on Submit button.
- Select "Change of Address in RC" and click on "Submit" button.
- Click on "Change of Address in RC" under "Service Details" in Status block on the left hand side of the website. Fill all the Details and press Submit.
- Click on "Insurance Details" under "Service Details" in Status block on the left. Fill in the details and press Submit button.
- To upload the required documents click on DMS (Upload Docs). Select on choose the desired file to upload. Press 'x' button on top-right when you are done.
- Under "Service Details" click on "Appointment" in Status block on the left. Select a date for which a slot is available. Then press "Book Now".
- Click on "Fee Details" under "Service Details" menu in Status block on left side. Click on Make Payment and Submit to proceed to pay the required amount.
- Select your payment gateway and accept the terms and conditions. Then press "Continue".
Note: After Successful payment, please visit the RTO along with original documents and receipt of fee and appointment.
Please refer the given link for the procedure with pictures:
- Application form33A - Link to download the form: Link
- Registration Certificate
- Valid Insurance Certificate.
- Affidavit sworn by the applicant before an Executive or First Class Judicial Magistrate or Notary public.
- No-objection Certificate from the Financier if the vehicle is covered by Hire purchase Agreement/Hypothecation/Lease.
- Proof of changed address. ( Ration card / Voter ID / LIC Policy)
- Payment of green tax wherever applicable.
- Aadhaar card
- Pollution under control certificate
- School certificate / Birth certificate
Advertise On This Page
Office Locations & Contacts
Transport Commissionerate, Motor Vehicles Department, Kerala
2nd Floor, Trans Tower,
CV Raman Pillai Rd,DPI, Vazhuthacaud,
Phone: 0471 233 3317
List of RTO office locations in Kerala: Link, Contact link: Link
Applicants who already own a legal and valid Vehicle Registration Certificate (RC) and driving license can apply to update or change the information in their RC.
Change of address will not affect the validity.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
This procedure can be completed on the same day and the certificate can be collected on the next day.
Advertise On This Page
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
Every owner of Motor Vehicle shall cause the Vehicle to be Registered by a Registrating Authority in whose Jurisdiction he has residence or place of business where the vehicle is normally kept.
A list which displays the kind of information which is required to complete the procedure. e.g. 1. Date of Birth. 2. City or Country of Birth.
Need for the Document
- Any change in the address of the vehicle owner has to be intimated and obtain a copy of the registration certificate
- This change of address is required by the government bodies to intimate the permit holder for the dues, penalties or any intimation.
- Vehicle registration's purpose is to establish clear ownership and to tax motorist or vehicle owners. It is a requirement by the state.
- After, one register his / her vehicle – He / She will receive a unique number to use it in number board
Information which might help
- One who wishes to sell his or her vehicle should make sure that the proper name transfer in RC is carried out
- FC (for clearance) is a process meant for reviewing the condition of the vehicle by the RTO authorities
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Place some external links which might help.
More information which might help people.