Kerala - Change Date of Birth in Birth Certificate
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- To change your date of birth in the birth certificate, the applicant shall approach the office from where the birth certificate was obtained.
- Please go to the respective Gram Panchayats, Municipalities and Corporation office as applicable.
- Link for contact details :link Follow the screen prompt to locate the address and Link2
- Please obtain 'Birth Certificate Update/correction Form' from the respective counter or write in an A4 sheet as advised to apply.
- Also make sure to check with the department authorities that the record from the Medical Institution, who conducted delivery is available.
- If the record is available, and it has the correct date as required by applicant to change in birth certificate then the work is easy.
- If the date in the Medical Institution record is the same as in the birth certificate, then the applicant should get the letter from the Medical Institution, who conducted delivery supporting the requirement as guided by authorities.
- Complete the application form. Affix court stamp as notified by authorities.
- Enclose self-addressed envelope cover pasted with applicable stamp for receiving the certificate after correction. Attach the entire required document as per our “required document” section and submit it to the designated authority.
- After receiving the application, authorities will check the submitted application set. If all are in place then they will announce the fees to be paid.
- While verifying, if there is any shortfall in the document the applicant will be asked to furnish the document otherwise.
- Please pay the fees as authorities quote at the respective counter.
- Counter staff after remitting the fee will issue the receipt. Please keep this receipt safe for future reference. This is the proof for the submission of your application.
- This application will be processed further by the respective department.
- Once the process is over, Corrected birth certificate will be delivered by post as per the address mentioned on the self-addressed envelope cover, or it will be delivered as per applicable norms.
- Application form
- Valid birth certificate
- Affidavit from local notary
- Address proof (Voter ID, Driving Licence etc.) of parents as per requirement
- Aadhaar card
- Education Certificates as required
- Aadhaar Card of Parents as per requirement
- Report from Medical Institution who conducted delivery. (As per requirement)
- Affidavit from two credible persons. (As per requirement)
- All original and copy of original with self-attestation as advised by respective authorities to be submitted as per requirement.
- Apart from the above documents, authorities may ask to submit additional information or documents. Please provide them for processing.
Advertise On This Page
Office Locations & Contacts
- Applicant with a valid birth certificate shall apply
- Please pay the fees as quoted by authorities.
- Court stamp and postal stamp should be purchased for the advised value.
- Corrected Birth certificate is Valid Forever
Documents to Use
Please attach documents which can be used by people who would like to follow this procedure.
Please provide sample document here to obtain this certificate/document.
- It takes 15 days to get the certificate.
Advertise On This Page
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
- Please strike out whichever is inapplicable while filling the application form.
- Please mention the correct date of birth.
- Date of birth
- Name of applicant
- Name of the father
- Name of the mother
- Place of birth
- Birth certificate details.
- Hospital details
- Mobile number
- Address of the applicant
Need for the Document
- Birth Certificate is a vital document at various stages in life to prove Age, Nationality and is must while applying for Passport, Education, Health purpose and Employment
- If the date of birth is not correct on the birth certificate, then one needs to apply and get the birth certificate corrected.
- A Birth Certificate is the most important identity document that makes it possible for anyone in possession of it to benefit from a gamut of services offered by the Indian Government to its citizens.
Information which might help
- Please pay for additional set of birth certificate as advised by authorities.
- Birth certificate can be downloaded from the respective state portal as per provision.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Place some external links which might help.
More information which might help people.