Kerala - Change Address in Ration Card
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
Apply through Akshaya
- Applicant must visit the nearest Akshaya center. Link for center: link
- Applicant shall obtain application form from the centre.
- Submit the completed application, document and applicable fees to the centre staff.
- Application submitted will be processed and receipt with application number will be issued.
- Application will be processed by the respective department. From this point onwards, authorities will do the due diligence to issue the card. SMS triggered update on application status will be sent to applicant mobile.
- Ration Card holder shall approach their respectiveration shop of your area or respective local TSO(Taluk Supply Office)/DSO office as applicableto change address in the ration card
- Link for contact: link OR link for TSO please select the link as appropriate OR FPS dealer link please select the menu “DS Stake Holders >> In States >> FPS Dealers OR District food and supply officer in both the above link, please select the respective state to get the new page. Here fill the page prompt and hit respective tab to get details.
In case the applicant moves into new residence within the jurisdiction of the same Fair Price Shop, the change of address can be recorded in the ration card as per the procedure below.
- Please go to the respective office.
- Applicant shall obtain the form from the respective office (please pay for the form if required) Or a written/electronically typed application on A4 plain sheet as advised shall be used
- Please submit the completed application along with required documents to the respective authority.
- Authorities after checking the submitted application along with attached documents will make entries and provide you record number for reference.
- Keep it safe for future reference.
- This application will be processed further to issue the ration card with updated address as per notified period.
In case the applicant moves into new residence outside the jurisdiction of the same Fair Price Shop, the change of address can be recorded in the ration card as per the procedure below.
- Once these documents are submitted as per the address above, a deletion slip will be issued. Applicant shall use this slip to get the card deleted from the A-Register or appropriate register and get a deletion slip signed by the respective salesman or authority.
- Hand over the deletion slip with the family card to the respective office and get an acknowledgement slip
- The changes are thereafter carried out in the family card. Applicant can come and collect the updated ration card on the day stipulated.
- Application form.
- Original ration card
- Photo Identity / Election Identity Card / PAN / Driving license / Passport
- Proof of residence
- Aadhaar Card
- Self declaration (as applicable)
Office Locations & Contacts
Commissionerate of Civil Supplies.:
Public Office Building, LMS Vellayambalam Rd,
University of Kerala Senate House Campus,
Palayam, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala 695033.
Phone: 0471 2321152
Link for contact : Contact Info
- A valid ration card holder who changed their residence.
- The applicant and his/her family must be Indian citizens and should be resident of the state.
- The applicant or his family members must not possess any family card in any State in India (If they had one, it has to be withdrawn).
- The applicant and members of the family must be close relatives.
- New born above 5 years
- Addition of member name after marriage
- Fee information can be obtained directly from the department office while applying.
- Validity remains same
- Usually Family identity card is valid for lifetime and will be renewed in 5 years or based on announcement.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
If your application is fair and complete, the processing time will be 2 – 3 week’s time
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
Please provide other instructions related to the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
Following are the required information to apply..
- Applicant details.
- additional members or persons name to be removed
- Date of Birth and age.
- Address details.
- Occupation and designation of office held any
- Signature/thumb impression.
Need for the Document
- For implementation of the Targeted Public Distribution System(TPDS), Ration Card is being issued to all the heads of families, with details about family members included in the card. Based on their economic condition, people can buy goods like food grains, sugar and kerosene with the help of their ration cards.
- Citizens holding ration card should apply for change of address as and when their place of residence is changed to make use of the ration card as a vital proof of residence.
- Ration card is essential to apply for passport, PAN card or a domicile certificate or to even get the name registered for electoral rolls to get a Voter ID.
Information which might help
- The eligible sections of the society are provided with food grains and other items at highly subsidized rates.
- In different state the Ration card is categorized as per classification fixed by government.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Place some external links which might help
More information which might help people.