Kerala - Change Address Driver Licence
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- Approach the local RTO office near you to change or update the address or other information in driver license (DL).
- Refer to the “Office Locations & Contacts” section in this procedure to see the respective address and contact details.
- Apply writing in a white A4 paper.
- The applicant should make sure they are eligible for applying by reading through the eligibility criteria that has been listed out under the “Eligibility” section of this page.
- Please make sure you have all the documents that are listed down the “Required Document” section of this page.
- Present the completed application forms in one of the counter and pay the appropriate fee where the officials would start processing your application.
- Verification of details submitted will be scrutinised to check for authenticity to make necessary changes.
- To apply online for changing or updating your information or address on the driving license navigate to the link Link
- Select the state “Kerala”.
- Under “Driving License” heading select the option “Services on DL”
- Click on Continue button.
- Fill all the required information and submit the required documents.
- Refer to the “Required Information” section in this procedure to fill the required details.
- Click on Proceed.
- Please follow the screen instructions fill the application form and submit the required documents.
- You will also get the appointment date for visiting RTO office to process the application.
- Take printout of the application form including Acknowledgement form and go to RTO office before 11:30 a.m. and submit the application to the RTO official. Authorities will advice the fee amount to be paid. On the appropriate counter pay the fees and submit the application and documents to process the application
- Application form in plain paper.
- Original driving license
- Address Proof
- Caste certificate (in case you don’t have any other ID proof)
- Income certificate (in case you don’t have any other ID proof)
- Aadhaar Card
- No objection certificate wherever applicable
- Photo copy of valid insurance certificate.
- Tax clearance
Advertise On This Page
Office Locations & Contacts
Motor Vehicles Department,
Kerala2nd Floor, Trans Tower,
CV Raman Pillai Rd,
DPI, Vazhuthacaud, Thiruvananthapuram,
Phone: 0471 233 3317
Location in map: Link
General Enquiry TC Office: 0471-2333317Complaint Cell: 9446033314
Helpdesk Sarathi Services:+91-120-2459169 (6 AM- 10 PM)email:[email protected]
Helpdesk Online Services:0471-2328799, 0471-2333317/2333337 Extn 666
List of RTO Offices in Kerala: Link
Applicants who already own a legal and valid driving license can apply to update or change the information in their driving license.
Fees related information: Link
The validity of the DL is usually 20 years and will be mentioned on the updated driving license that you’ll receive.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
You will usually get your updated driving license via post within 30 days of filing an application.
Advertise On This Page
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
Please provide other instructions related to the certificate/documents. e.g. The state office holds birth records since january 1908.
- Driving license number
- Date of birth
- Category of driving license holder
- Pin Code
- Original address or information
- New/updated address or information
Need for the Document
Driving license is mandatory while driving a two wheeler or four wheeler and one must keep it up to date with the latest information.
Information which might help
- Under the provisions of the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988 in India, no person can drive a motor vehicle in any public place unless he holds a valid Driving License issued to him, authorizing him to drive a vehicle of that particular category.
- Driving without Driving license is an offense. Incumbent has to pay penalty
- It is a punishable offense to drive the vehicle without a valid license
- Those who are under 18 Years are not supposed to drive
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Place some external links which might help.
More information which might help people.