Kerala - Approval or Permission for Blood Donation Camp
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
To get Approval or Permission for Blood Donation Camp the applicant must follow the below procedure.
- Applicant who is the organizer of blood donation camp has to reach out to the blood bank in charge with an official letter requesting to conduct the blood donation camp on a particular date and proper place.
- The contact details are available in the Office Location & Contacts section below
- The blood bank must be a licensed one.
- Along with the letter the applicant must also submit the required documents as mentioned in our Required Documents section below and any additional documents if requested.
- After accepting the application and verifying the same the approval is given for conducting the blood donation camp.
- No fee is charged for getting the approval.
- The blood bank in charge sends an official letter to the organization regarding the time and the arrangements to be made.
- To organize blood donation camp the applicant can also apply through the online portal of National Blood Transfusion Council.
- The applicant has to go to the following link Link
- Now select Home -> “FOR CITIZENS” -> “ORGANIZE BLOOD DRIVE”.
- Fill up all the necessary details in the Request Form such as Name of the Organizer, Organization Name, Date, Time, Expected Donation, Venue, and State etc.
- Click in the check box to agree the terms & conditions.
- Then click on the ‘SUBMIT REQUEST’ button to submit the request form.
- Once the request form is submitted the organizer is contacted by the NBTC, SBTCs,blood banks and Donors through email or mobile.
- After the verification by the NBTC /SBTC the approval is granted for setting up blood donation Camp/drive.
- The approval is sent through email to the organizer.
The below documents are required
- Letter addressed to the blood bank in charge
- Approval letter from state blood transfusion council (SBTC)
- List of technical staff attending the camp (Medical officer, blood bank technicians, nursing staff, attendants, social workers and driver)
- List of equipment’s used in the camp.
- Copy of Vehicle RC (minimum 8-10 seated)
- Technical Personnel Details
- The photocopies of purchase invoices of equipment if required
- Authorization of the signatory of the application form
- Copy of license in Form 28C/Renewal Certificate in Form 26 G
Advertise On This Page
Office Locations & Contacts
X111/412,Janamythri police station compound,
Maradu P.O,Ernakulam district,
National Blood Transfusion Council (NBTC)
9th Floor, Chanderlok Building
36, Janpath, New Delhi - 110001, India .
The blood donation camp can be organized by
- Any licensed designated Regional Blood Transfusion Centre
- A government licensed blood bank
- By Indian Red Cross Society
- Any licenced blood bank operated by registered voluntary or charitable organizations recognized by State or Union Territory
- A volunteer
Any of the above is eligible to apply for the approval to setup blood donation camp.
- No fees is charged for organizing blood donation camps.
- The approval is valid for the particular day(s) as requested by the organizer in the letter.
Documents to Use
- Online request form - Link
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
- The time taken for processing the approval depends on each blood bank.
Advertise On This Page
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
- Organization of blood donation camp should be safe to the patient/recipients and to the blood donor.
- The area that is selected for blood donation camp should be well lighted, well ventilated, spacious areas.
- Blood donation camp should motivate the public to donate blood by oral communication, which is the most effective method of recruiting donors.
- The blood bank team arrives at the venue of camp before the time given to donors.
- Supervise the venue for adequate facilities like space, furniture, heaters/coolers and other equipment.
- Inspect pre-donation, donation and post-donation areas as per standards.
- Banners should be displayed everywhere for the public awareness.
- Based on the availability of blood units in their stock, they determine the number of blood units required by them through camps
- Sponsors can be approached to provide financial support for media coverage, refreshment, and publicity and honour blood donors through badges/pins.
- Donor card with questionnaire forms
- Organization Name
- Name of the Organizer
- Blood bank details
- Expected Donation in numbers
Need for the Document
- The purpose to setup a blood donation camp is to motivate people to donate blood and to select a suitable donor whose blood will be safe to the recipient. For organizing such camps a proper approval from the concerned authority is required.
Information which might help
- Carry all the necessary donor card and certificates.
- The entire area should be cleaned with a disinfectant after the camp is over
- Blood banks take a prior permission from the state blood transfusion council (SBTC) before setting up the camp.
- A worker related to the blood bank visits the venue to inspect its suitability for the camp.
- A checklist may be provided to the organizer, the number of donations required is discussed with the organizers.
- The blood bank team inspects pre-donation, donation and post-donation areas as per standard.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what other uses of obtaining this document /certificate are. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity
Place some external links which might help.
More information which might help people.