Kerala - Apply to get Servant (Domestic Help) Verification
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- To apply for a Domestic help Verification In-Person, please procure the respective form for Domestic help Verification from your concerned police station in Kerala Police Stations
- In the procured form, fill the required details of the servant or employee.
- Fill in your details under the space provided for details of the employer.
- Affix the passport size photograph of the employee in the space given.
- Attach Photocopy of Photo ID proof of the employee.
- Duly sign the form and submit the form at the nearest Police Station.
- Pay the processing fee if required.
- Receive the acknowledgment receipt and keep it safe for further reference.
- Visit the Police Station to get the report once it is ready.
- Note: Carry the original Id proofs to the police station for any necessary cross verifications to be made.
- Passport size photo of the servant/domestic help.
- Any Photo identity proof of the servant and the employer from the following:
- Aadhaar card
- Driving Licence
- Ration card
- Voter ID
- PAN Card
Advertise On This Page
Office Locations & Contacts
- One has to visit the nearest Police Station to Apply In-Person.
- You could find the list of police stations and their phone numbers from the link: Police Stations
- Anyone who wants to hire a servant/domestic help in Kerala.
- Service charge details would be provided while applying In-Person.
- There is no validity period for this Verification Report.
- It solely depends on the person/authority accepting the Verification Report.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
- Please inquire about the processing time while submitting your application.
Advertise On This Page
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
- While applying In- Person, visit the Police Station along with the servant if necessary.
- Make sure you mention valid details while applying for the Verification. Your application could get cancelled if the details furnished are not valid.
The following information could be required:
Details of the Domestic Helper
- Name of the domestic Helper
- Gender (Male/ Female)
- Father’s/Husband’s Name
- Present Address
- Permanent Address
- Contact /Mobile No.
- Contact No. of Family
- Name of Local Guardian
- Marital Status
- Date He/She was employed
Details of the Employer
- Mobile Number
Need for the Document
- While employing a person for domestic help, it is highly advisable to apply for a Police verification report of the said person to ensure your safety.
- When one applies for this Verification, the police runs a complete background check on the person to be employed and their details are stored with the police.
- This protects the employee from involving in any criminal activities in the near future.
- The police verification report also gives information about any troublesome activities of the servant in their previous workplace.
Information which might help
- Servants have access to the employer’s most important details, and one could easily become a victim of servant crime if they do not conduct police verification before hiring them.
- Usually, in the event of a servant crime, the police would be left with zero information about the servant's details. However, a servant verification process would help the police to track such crimes.
- It is highly necessary to do background verification of the servant even if he/she was referred by a friend or an acquaintance.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Place some external links which might help.
- The Police would call the Servant and his previous employers for clarifications.
- The employer might also be asked to visit the station along with the servant/domestic help.