Kerala - Apply or Renew Small Saving Agent License (MPKBY)
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
- To apply for Small Saving Agent License in person, the applicant has to visit any nearest office of the District Magistrate & Collector in his/her place of residence.
- The address and contact details can be found in the “Office Locations & Contacts” section below.
- Visit the office and get an application form (FORM ASLAAS) for Small Saving Agent License (MPKBY) from the District Institutional Finance Department/OIC.
- Complete the application form with appropriate information under relevant sections. Check ‘’Required Information’’ section below for more details.
- Attest it with your signature once completed.
- Once completed filling the application form, make sure that you have attached all the documents listed in the “Required documents” section of this page.
- Note: You will also need two witnesses to sign in the Nomination Form.
- The application form is free but a security of Rs. 500/-must be paid in the shape of 6-Year National Savings Certificate (NSC) duly pledged in favour of the President of India.
- Finally, submit it in person to the relevant authority at the office.
- After submission, your application along with the attached documents will be forwarded for further verifications.
- Once all the internal processes are over, the applicants will be notified through mail with further instructions regarding the registration.
- The process will take anywhere around 40 to 50 days to be completed.
The following documents are required to be submitted to the district office
- Application Form
- Agreement Form
- Nomination Form (3 Copies)
- Pledging of NSC of minimum Rs. 500/- (Rupees five hundred only).
- Affidavit (to be attested by Magistrate/Notary) on a stamp paper of Rs.10/- (Rupees ten only).
- Two Character certificates.
- Declaration form of Agent
- Four passport size photographs.
- Photocopy of proof of date of birth and Ration card.
Advertise On This Page
Office Locations & Contacts
FOR MPKBY (Mahila Pradhan Kshetriya Bachat Yojna) Agent
(a) Any unemployed adult woman
(b) She must be a person of integrity.
(c) She must be an Indian citizen.
Note: Any unemployed adult woman means an applicant who is not employed in any Central/State/Semi Government, Department of Posts or Public Sector Organisation. Women working in private sector or self-employed will however be eligible.
- Minimum qualification is 12th Pass under 10+2 scheme or Higher Secondary or its equivalent.
- Retired person(s) from Govt., Semi Govt. Undertaking, and Public Sector are also eligible for the MPKBY agency.
- Any person after attaining the age of 75 years & above will not be considered for appointment as an agent.
A security of Rs. 500/- in the shape of 6-Year National Savings Certificate (NSC) duly pledged in favour of the President of India.
- Renewal period is 3 years from the date of enrolment/Renewal.
- Enrollment/Renewal may at any time be cancelled without any prior notice in the event of any complaint received.
Documents to Use
Sample form with Detailed Agreement and Declaration Link
- 40 Days after application submission.
- Note: The time period given is excluding the Government holiday list.
Advertise On This Page
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
As a Mahila Pradhan Kshetriya Bachat Yojna Agent (M.P.K.B.Y.), your role is to promote the sale of Recurring Deposit (RD) by liaising between post offices, investors, District Institutional Finance Offices and to render services at the door step of investors. Doing so, you will get 4% commission for deposits made for 5 year RD scheme.
- Applicant’s Personal Details
- Applicant’s Address Details
- Applicant’s Contact Details
- Service Specific Information
- Relatives and Responsible Persons (Information & Particulars of Near Relatives who are Employed under the Central or State/ Union Territory Government)
- Name and Address of Two Responsible Persons Known to You * (A Gazetted Officer/Member of Parliament/ Metropolitan/ Municipal Council/ Headmaster of a recognised school/ Registered Medical Practitioner/ Practicing Advocate/ Chartered Accountant/ Bank Manager/ Village Pradhan/ Sarpanch/ Chairman, Block Panchayat Samities)
Need for the Document
- Only authorised agents are entitled to payment of commission on the deposits secured by them in National Savings 5 years Recurring Deposit Account at the rate as may be notified by the Government from time to time.
- Also, post offices will not accept deposits from MPKBY agents after expiry of the validity period of license as specified in the agreement.
Information which might help
Mahila Pradhan Khestriya Bachat Yojna (MPKBY) agency system was introduced by the Government with the objectives:-
- To educate housewives in family budgeting.
- To inculcate the habit of thrift among household and self-employed people.
- To canvass for and secure investment in National Savings 5 Years Recurring Deposit Account from small savers.
- To raise resources for financing development and defence of the country.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Mahila Pradhan Khestriya Bachat Yojna Rules Rules Link
More information which might help people.