Kerala - Apply or Renew License for Gym, Yoga, Fitness Centre
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
Apply for Police Clearance
- Applicant should get clearance from the local police department for operating a fitness centre.
- Following link provides contact details: Kerala Police Please select respective unit from drop down list for contact details.
- Please go to your area police station and meet the authority to apply.
- Please obtain application form or write on a A4 sheet as advised.
- Please submit the application along with required documents.
- Accepted application will be processed.
- Applicant will get clearance from the police department depending upon the adhering to the requirements of facility location and requirements.
Apply for Licence
- A Gym/Yoga/Fitness operator shall apply for a license with the civic agencies (municipal/corporation) of your area.
- Link for contact details : Kerala Municipal Corporation
- Go to the respective office.
- Meet the respective authority at the office. Applicant shall get the advice from the authority to be followed to apply for the procedure.
- Collect the applicable application form or write on a plain A4 paper as per advice.
- Submit the completed application form along with required document as per our page.
- Authorities will check the submitted application and announce the fees / charges. Please pay and get the receipt.
- This application will be processed further. There will be an inspection process from the civic authorities to check the facilities.
- After all the above steps, applicant gets notification from the department. Please follow the notification to get the license.
- It is advised to consult with municipal administration for your area to get information on any updated norms,
- Every unit should have toilets and clean drinking water facility.
- Apart from regular firm registration, a gym /Yoga/Fitness centre need to be registered with SSI, Labour and service tax to operate legally.
- Please go to the online portal : Kerala Online
- In the given page please select “Citizen Login” option.
- User will reach a new page. Please select District, choose ulb type (corporation/municipality/grama panchayat) and click “Search” button.
- List of online local government Institutions will be displayed. Select as per your choice.
- A new page will be displayed. Please select “D&O Licence e-filing (Urban)” (In some areas this option won’t be available – only offline procedure is allowed)
- User will reach a new page. Please login using the credentials by using the “Sign In” button.
- If you are a new user then use the “New user registration” option to register and then login.
- Once login applicant will get a new screen. Here fill the online application form with required mandatory information and click the applicable option to reach neat page.
- Here, upload required documents as prompted and process the page.
- Now applicant will move on to making payment. As per the data provided by applicant, system generated fee amount will be displayed. Please complete the payment by using the page options.
- After completion of successful Payment, Applicant will get an online receipt . Please save it for future reference.
- This application will be processed further.
- Please follow the notification and adhere to the department guidelines to get the license.
- This license need to be renewed annually.
- Please go to the civic agencies (municipal/corporation) of your area from where the license was obtained.
- Link for contact details : link
- Application form for renewal can be obtained from the office Or please write on an A4 sheet as advised.
- Submit the application along with required documents as per our page.
- On accepting the renewal application, applicant will be a advised to make payment as applicable.
- Please pay and follow their guidelines to obtain the license.
To apply for New License
- Application form
- Police clearance document
- Firm registered certificate
- GST Number
- Letter head
- Labour registration certificate
- Details of machines or instrument used
- Self declaration
- Aadhaar Card
- Rental agreement if it is a rented place
- Any supporting document from local gym federation or association
- Passport size photograph
- Original valid license
- health certificates of their employees
- Aadhaar card
- Apart from the above listed documents, authorities may ask for additional information or document. Please provide them for smooth processing.
Advertise On This Page
Office Locations & Contacts
Director of Urban Affairs,
Thiruvananthapuram - 695003
Ph: 0471-2318896, 0471-2325708 (Fax) 9446533341
Contact Link: Kerala Urban Affairs
Kerala State Police Headquarters,
Vazhuthacaud, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala 695010
Phone: 0471 272 1547
Link for contact information: Kerala Police Headquarters Please select respective unit from drop down list for contact details.
- Minimum area for the gym as per norms.
- The area where the gym operates should be approved by local police station
- Those who are 18 years and above are eligible to apply
- Please pay as authority’s advice at the time of applying.
- Don’t forget to take the receipt for the payment.
- License is valid for a year or as notified on the license.
- License needs to be renewed annually
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents that would help other people.
Advertise On This Page
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type='website'>video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the '&' inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M' Video ID is 'Y0US7oR_t3M'.
- Please maintain high standards of hygiene to avoid spread of infections and diseases.
- Please follow the guidelines fixed by your state for size of the premises and zones meant for starting these centres.
- There will be sudden check by the civic agencies.
- Name of the applicant
- Address of the applicant
- Father's Name
- Aadhaar card
- Police clearance
Need for the Document
- No centre shall operate without proper permission and license.
- Apply and obtain this license for a legitimate operation.
Information which might help
- Make sure the materials used are sanitized (as applicable)
- Please follow government’s announcement to avoid un-necessary actions for not following the policy.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Place some external links which might help.
More information which might help people.