Kerala - Apply or Renew Arms (Gun) License
- 1 Procedure
- 2 Required Documents
- 3 Office Locations & Contacts
- 4 Eligibility
- 5 Fees
- 6 Validity
- 7 Documents to Use
- 8 Sample Documents
- 9 Processing Time
- 10 Related Videos
- 11 Instructions
- 12 Required Information
- 13 Need for the Document
- 14 Information which might help
- 15 Other uses of the Document/Certificate
- 16 External Links
- 17 Others
Contact your District Superintendent of Police, where you will be interviewed by DM or SP whether to give a license which will then be passed on to the district collector who is provide you license to buy a fire arm.
- Download and fill up Form A, Arms License Registration.
- Applicants may approach the Deputy Commissioner's office to apply for a license.
- The Applicant must submit the form along with all the required documents.
- Once all documents submitted are verified and approved by the licensing authority, they will grant the applicant the license.
For NEW Applications
For General Public
- Two recent Passport size photographs.
- Recommendation Letter From the Authority
- Proof of identity/nationality, which may include:
- Elector's Photo Identity card (EPIC)
- Family identity card (Food Card)
- Aadhaar Card
- Local Certificate.
- Any other document duly certified/attested by a responsible Gazetted Officer.
For Defense / Police Personnel
- Two recent passport size photographs
- Proof of identity/nationality, certified/attested by a responsible officer of the Administration which may include the above described general public case.
- NOC / Certificate by the Controlling Officer giving the service particulars of the applicant and specific recommendation.
- Aadhaar Card
- Arms license in original form.
- Weapon Deposit certificate in case of expiry of renewal date.
- Proof of present residential address.
- Aadhaar Card
- When the original licencee is alive:
- The licencee may transfer the arms licence to legal heirs by making an application in plain paper.
- The person to whom licence is to be transferred shall apply using Form "A".
- Aadhaar Card
- When the original licencee has expired:
- Application shall be made in Form "A".
- No Objection Certificate from the legal heirs, in the form of an affidavit sworn before a magistrate.
- Two Passport size photographs.
- Aadhaar Card
Office Locations & Contacts
Please list down the office locations that can be approached for applying. External links can also be used specifying office locations.
The license authority shall refuse to grant a license:
- Where such license is required in respect of any prohibited arms or prohibited ammunition;
- Where such is required by a person whom the licensing authority has reason to believe:
- To be prohibited by the Indian Arms Rules or by any other law for the time being in force from acquiring, having in his possession or carrying any arms or ammunition.
- To be of unsound mind.
- To be for any reason unfit for a license.
Explain the fees structure which is required for obtaining the certificate/document.
- A license shall unless revoked earlier, continue in force for a period of three years from the date on which it is granted.
- However, such a license may be granted for a shorter period if the person by whom the license is required so desires or if the licensing authority for reasons to be recorded in writing considers in any case that the license should be granted for a shorter period.
- Every license shall, unless the licensing authority for reasons to be recorded in writing otherwise decides in any case, the renewable for the same period for which the license was originally granted and shall be so renewable from time to time.
Documents to Use
Please attach documents that can be used by people. e.g. links
Please attach sample completed documents which would help other people who would like to follow this procedure.
Undue delay in getting reports from police,revenue and forest. Any objections should be intimated to authority within 15 days but no response even after 12 months. If you want to get it speedily, approach all with minimum Rs.1000 each for speed up the process.
Videos explaining the procedure or to fill the applications. Attach videos using the following tag <&video type="website">video ID|width|height<&/video&> from external websites. Please remove the "&" inside the tags during implementation. Website = allocine, blip, dailymotion, facebook, gametrailers, googlevideo, html5, metacafe, myspace, revver, sevenload, viddler, vimeo, youku, youtube width = 560, height = 340, Video ID = Can be obtained from the URL of webpage where the video is displayed. e.g In the following url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0US7oR_t3M" Video ID is "Y0US7oR_t3M".
Applicants may approach the Office of the Deputy Commissioner who is in charge of issuing Arms License Registration.
- Name of Applicant
- Present and permanent address
- Date of birth, age
- Occupation and designation
- Whether the applicant has been:
- Convicted if so, (the offenses),the sentence and date of sentence.
- Ordered to execute a bond under chapter VIII of Cr. P. C. for keeping the peace or for good behavior if so when and for what period.
- Prohibited under the Arms Act, 1959 or any other law from having the arms/ ammunition.
- Whether the applicant applied for a licence before if so when to whom & with what result.
- Whether the applicants licence was over suspended or cancelled/ revoked if so, when and by whom and on what account.
- Whether any other member of the applicants family is in possession of an arms licenses if so particulars thereof.
- Whether the applicant :
- Is a licensee or esteem if so, description of arms hold.
- Has a safe place for keep the arm.
- Particulars of Licence
Need for the Document
Any person who wishes to carry firearms must first secure a license to do so. Every application for the grant of a license shall be submitted in Form A.
To know more see Indian Arms Rules 1962: http://www.abhijeetsingh.com/arms/india/laws/rules/
Information which might help
It is advisable to go to the Deputy Commissioners Office between 9:00am to 5:00pm.
Other uses of the Document/Certificate
Please explain what are other uses of obtaining this document/certificate. e.g. Birth Certificate can be used as proof of identity.
Individual Arms License: http://www.abhijeetsingh.com/arms/india/laws/faq/
More information which might help people.